Blocking/Rejecting Texts On Galaxy S4?

Epicnessx

Reaction score
I got so many mixed answers from people over the phone so I thought I'd ask here. I currently do not own one, but I believe a friend may of blocked me. So I was just curious on the galaxy s4 are people able to block you from texting, just calling or both?

xtor

Reaction score
I got so many mixed answers from people over the phone so I thought I'd ask here. I currently do not own one, but I believe a friend may of blocked me. So I was just curious on the galaxy s4 are people able to block you from texting, just calling or both?

There are quite a few apps that let you block text, calls or both, I use one because I own a business and get tired of companies trying to sell me stuff so I block their numbers, so yes you can be blocked.

bb to dx to razr to note 2 oh my

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
+1 to what xtor said.

I believe even the stock texting app has a blacklist, but I'm not 100% sure.

xtor

Reaction score
I use the app blacklist, works great!

when in doubt, ask foxkat!

OP
E

Epicnessx

Reaction score
What about without an app?
And if they blocked me and I changed my phone number would I be able to contact them with the new one?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What about without an app?
And if they blocked me and I changed my phone number would I be able to contact them with the new one?
The stock messaging app may or may not have a call blocking feature. The user can also block your number through Verizon without needing an app, I believe Verizon does or at least used to, allow up to 5 blocked numbers at no extra charge.

You would be able to contact them with a different number.

OP
E

Epicnessx

Reaction score
I don't think they have Verizon though.
I'm just more worried about my texts being blocked and not getting through, I don't think they have an app to do that so would it more than likely just my calls would be blocked?

And if you block contacts will that block just calling?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't think they have Verizon though.
I'm just more worried about my texts being blocked and not getting through, I don't think they have an app to do that so would it more than likely just my calls would be blocked?

And if you block contacts will that block just calling?
I believe other carriers allow numbers to be blocked as well.

Sometimes text messages don't go through, but if it's for one single person consistently then most likely something is up. Maybe your text messaging app (if you have an Android device) isn't playing nice with your recipients phone. For example, I had trouble sending MMS to a few iPhone friends of mine until I switched to a different messaging app.

I believe if a contact is blocked it's the whole number. As text messaging uses the same numbers

OP
E

Epicnessx

Reaction score
I was just confused since I heard its just calls that are blocked, so it's for sure messages as well?

I'm just afraid I won't be able to contact them again :(

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I was just confused since I heard its just calls that are blocked, so it's for sure messages as well?

I'm just afraid I won't be able to contact them again :(
Not 100% sure but since it is the same number I don't see why both forms of contact wouldn't be blocked.

Hate to say it, but if your number is blocked then there must be a good reason.

Reaction score
Use the callblocker app. It can block text and phone calls. I use it to block out those "you won a $500 gift card from best buy" text.