Blocked Ports

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by crdnilfan, Jan 19, 2010.

1. crdnilfan

crdnilfan New Member

When the SSH Daemon dropbear was released many people assumed it wouldn't work on Verizon's 3G network, only for most people to realize it does infact work. Well it doesn't for me...and I haven't been able to figure out why.

I also can't ping my 3G IP, I've done a port scan from 1-65535 and ALL ports are closed.

Everything works when I switch over to Wi-Fi, so its definitely something with Verizon.

If anybody has any ideas it'd be greatly appreciated, I badly want SSH, VNC, and I want to run PAW Server (amazing app in the market).

(The reason this is in the hacks section is because I'd assume a workaround will have to be developed)
  2. Berzerker

Berzerker New Member

Any ports blocked are on Verizon's side, and I doubt they'll be opening them anytime soon. There's nothing any of us can do about it.
  3. crdnilfan

crdnilfan New Member

I do realize this, which is why I was having such trouble understanding why so many people on this forum as well as other forums have the ability to SSH over their 3G connections, in fact so far nobody else has posted a problem with blocked incoming ports except for me (that I have seen).
  4. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I concur with you, when in 3G mode ALL ports are blocked as far as I can tell. So I also don't understand how it works for others.
Search tags for this page
all my ports are closed android
android all ports blocked
android block port blocker

android blocked ports

android port block
android port blocker

android port blocking

android ports blocked
block port android
block ports android
droid blocking port