Blockbuster App =/

RadicalNH1

Reaction score
I deleted the blockbuster app before I found out that delete is bad, freeze is good. Is it true i might have screwed myself out of Ginger Bread? Is there any way to restore the app? If I cant get gingerbread should I TAKE MY DROID X2 AND RAM IT IN TO MOTOROLA'S STOMACH!?

OP
R

RadicalNH1

Reaction score
Well I forgot to look in the obvious place for the app the market lol, I have the blockbuster app back on but I can uninstall it if i want the normal way. I hope when the download comes out it wont know the difference. Having pre installed garbage that cant be removed is the biggest bull**** idea ever. Its fine to have it on the phone so people can check it out, but why in the ****ing hell cant we delete it! Im gunna throw a brick through blockbusters window one day

Elkay

Reaction score
I ran into the same problem uninstalling NFS Shift before I realized the market version doesn't work on our phone (even got it copied from my DX1 to try it and definite no-go). The apps that the phone actually allows you to uninstall are permanently gone. Even a factory reset doesn't bring them back. Good to back up anything you plan on uninstalling because I had a dog of a time getting someone to repost the DX2 NFS Shift apk.

kookk

Reaction score
Does uninstalling not let you get gingetbread? I accidentally uninstalled some of the Verizon apps...

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
R

RadicalNH1

Reaction score
I tihnk your fine if you just unistalled NFS, because it lets users uninstall it same with the golf game

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I forgot to look in the obvious place for the app the market lol, I have the blockbuster app back on but I can uninstall it if i want the normal way. I hope when the download comes out it wont know the difference. Having pre installed garbage that cant be removed is the biggest bull**** idea ever. Its fine to have it on the phone so people can check it out, but why in the ****ing hell cant we delete it! Im gunna throw a brick through blockbusters window one day

The market version won't help you get the OTA update, it needs to be the one it came with because it's installed as a system app.

Don't worry though, just download a X2 system dump, (there are several people who've uploaded it) find the file in system/app and copy it over to your phone with root explorer, set the permissions and reboot.

Fixed.

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
R

RadicalNH1

Reaction score
The market version won't help you get the OTA update, it needs to be the one it came with because it's installed as a system app.

Don't worry though, just download a X2 system dump, (there are several people who've uploaded it) find the file in system/app and copy it over to your phone with root explorer, set the permissions and reboot.

Fixed.

Sent from my DROID X2

You have a link to the system dump? Ive looke every where for that stupid blockbuster.apk. the one i found was for 2.1 i belive and wouldnt install

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No worries, just don't forget to set the permissions correctly or it won't work. They *should* be rw-,r--,r--

Sent from my DROID X2

Elkay

Reaction score
Uninstalling the uninstallables won't likely cause problems with the OTA because the uninstallable apps reside in /data/app/. The OTA updates modify /system/. The apps are not recoverable unless you get them from another phone, though. Even a hard reset doesn't bring them back.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Blockbuster is clearly in /system/app Elkay.

Sent from my DROID X2

Elkay

Reaction score
Blockbuster is clearly in /system/app Elkay.

Sent from my DROID X2

Woops, I'm on too many threads. Didn't even realize this was the BB specific one. Yeah, that one is most definitely needed and needs to be the correct version, otherwise the OTA update will fail.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol, it happens.

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
R

RadicalNH1

Reaction score
The blockbuster app installed fine, only thing is it allows me to uninstall it through the normal manage apps/uninstall method.