block unknown callers faster

Reaction score
im getting harassed from someone calling me from an "UNKNOWN" number. ive tried several free call filter applications available from the market, and although they work they dont work fast enough. they do send the call to voice mail, but only after my phone has already rang for about 1.5 seconds. i need an application that will dump the unknown call immediately, before it rings my phone at all. theres nothing quite like sitting in an hour long meeting and having your phone ring 30 times. i dont even mind paying for the application, i just dont want to pay for several before ifind one that works fast enough.
thanks,

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not certain but I thought I had read that Verizon will block a certain amount of numbers. You might check with them.

OP
MontanaBighorn
Reaction score
I'm not certain but I thought I had read that Verizon will block a certain amount of numbers. You might check with them.
verizon will block up to 5 numbers free, but they have to be specific numbers. they cannot block calls from UNKNOWN.

...hard to believe i know, but thats what they told me yesterday.

JeffreyChurch

Reaction score
I use "CallFilter 1.4.5".
It has an option to "Block Unknown calls" (i.e. private number, pay phone and unknown call).
It does not block calls for which you can see the phone number but that are not in your contacts, and thus are unknown to you.
It does however, then offer the ability to then, "Add the last incoming number" to the "Call Filter" list.
Hope that this works for you.
P.S. Oh ya, its free!

andrew149

Reaction score
the best app ive tried and ive tried them all is CALLed, CALL BLOCK.... it picks up and hangs up on them so they cant leave voicemails and it will not anoy you also will block spam and privite numbers i has alot of features