Block Private Numbers/Calls

taspankya

Reaction score
An app to block private numbers, restricted numbers, unknown numbers - whatever- would be great. Verizon only offers this service through its verizon altered OS's and it is called "do not disturb" (i believe...)

A lot of people would appreciate an app like this. I have the SDK, but my skills are limited as I am just getting acquainted to it.

ice456789

Reaction score
Get google voice. You can have it block all those numbers, or it can do a 'call presentation' where it asks them their name and you have the choice if whether to accept the call or not.

Jason

Reaction score
I think Gblocker does this

edit: O and if you want block contacts you already have an option to send them directly to voicemail

Last edited:

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Phone armor app

Haven't installed the app, but from what I can tell it doesn't let you block private numbers. It lets you block individual contacts. You can't put a private number in your contact list to block it that way.

OP
taspankya

taspankya

Reaction score
GBlocker does not work... I just tried both the 'block unknown' and 'block no number' options, both went through.

I want to specifically block private numbers, these are calls that have no number attached to them and are usually achieved by the dialer prefixing the number with *67 ...

i also tried tCallBlocking, which also did not work.. all private numbers are making it through and ringing the phone.

all4362

Reaction score
APP WORKS! :) Samsung Galaxy S

I have the android - Samsung Galaxy S -- last night I had a restricted phone call come in at 11:15pm. I am a working adult so i was asleep and wouldn't have answered anyways if i had been awake, i was left to listen to a weird unrecognizable voicemail that i couldn't make out this morning...this app out of 3 that i have tried, actually WORKS! if a blocked call comes through, it picks it up and then drops the call immediately.. i love it!

THANKS! :)

CallFilter APP --> MUST GET! :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Extreme Call Blocker will block them.