BLOCK pre-loaded apps from auto start

poodlesx2

Reaction score
Is there a way to do this? Before ICS, I could hide/disable many of these? Now I have been unable to find a way. I don't really need to have YouTube or NFL or Golf pr ???? running every time that I turn the screen on!:angry:

Papa_T

Reaction score
Have you tried the "Disable" function?

Go to Menu --> Manage Apps and click on the app you want to disable. You will then see a disable button in the upper right corner. Click on that and this will disable the app and it will then appear at the bottom of the app list in case you want to enable it later.

The app will no longer appear in the app tray and should not auto-start any more.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Is there a way to do this? Before ICS, I could hide/disable many of these? Now I have been unable to find a way. I don't really need to have YouTube or NFL or Golf pr ???? running every time that I turn the screen on!:angry:
The way Papa_T explains is one way...the only other way that I am aware of is root and use an app like TitaniumBackup to freeze apps.

OP
P

poodlesx2

Reaction score
Have you tried the "Disable" function?

Go to Menu --> Manage Apps and click on the app you want to disable. You will then see a disable button in the upper right corner. Click on that and this will disable the app and it will then appear at the bottom of the app list in case you want to enable it later.

The app will no longer appear in the app tray and should not auto-start any more.

That action gives me a choice of "force stop" or "uninstall updates". I do not get a disable option. If I choose the uninstall updates option, then the phone just reinstalls them next chance that it gets.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Go into the market and select settings, then un select automatic app updates, then go back to the app and un install updates, after that in the space where it said un install updates it should now say disable.... Disable it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Papa_T

Reaction score
Go into the market and select settings, then un select automatic app updates, then go back to the app and un install updates, after that in the space where it said un install updates it should now say disable.... Disable it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Or you can also click on the uninstall updates go back to the app list, click on it again and the disable button will replace the "uninstall update" button. You just have to get it back to the original app first.

OP
P

poodlesx2

Reaction score
NOPE! I can't seem to find the disable button anywhere. I guess that I'll just have to live with the junk!