Bloatware

MissDixie256

Reaction score
Rooting was the best thing I could have done! I absolutely do not regret it one litle bit! Now my question is since I rooted to the bloated version of 2.2 How do I unbloat it? There are so many silly Verizon things on here that I will NEVER pay which means I don't need it on the phone. Any suggestions?

joeylion

Reaction score
I suggest flashing 2.6 super clean that Droidxcon has put together... all bloatware has already been removed. Been running it for 2 weeks now and love it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

ziggy484

Reaction score
Rooting was the best thing I could have done! I absolutely do not regret it one litle bit! Now my question is since I rooted to the bloated version of 2.2 How do I unbloat it? There are so many silly Verizon things on here that I will NEVER pay which means I don't need it on the phone. Any suggestions?

You can get supermanager free in market. With this you can access system/app folder and delete or rename the verizon stuff

Sent from my rooted Froyo Fascinate

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're comfortable with ADB, you can run ADB shell and remove the verizon/bing garbage from /system/app. You can also use root explorer for the same task. There's an excellent list of garbage apps being born over here