Bloatware on there twice?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Hey, so since the recent market update, I've started getting double notifications for app updates, but then when I go to them, there aren't any updates available. So while looking around, I discovered you can switch market "accounts" to see apps you've downloaded on other logged in gmail accounts, which would explain the double notification. So I've always had my normal email as the phone's default account, but I also have my work email logged in. I notice when I look at my work email apps, it's all the bloatware that came with the phone, which is also under my normal email account. Does this mean the bloatware is actually installed on my phone twice under two different names? If so, then that is not cool...

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
A few market updates ago there was a bug that would use the second google account as the primary market account.

Finally, no there is nothing double installed on your phone. Each account scans your apps and links them to the market.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
So is there a way to just take that account off so I don't get the double updates? A fix for those affected by the bug?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Only thing I can thing of is to remove the account and re add it.

Technically, you shouldn't lose anything since it's all in the cloud.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Tried it, doesn't do anything. There should be a way to remove an account from the market or something, or at least be able to turn off notifications per account. Ah well, thanks for trying...

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You could try going to market.android.com and signing in with the account you want to remove and see there is an option.