Bloatware causing issues?

indee2025

Reaction score
Maybe some of the junk apps forced onto the device is what is causing issues............

We know the bloatware is a pile of complete junk, most of the apps don't even work like they are designed to and many are written by companies no one wants to do business with....they also restart on their own and often switch the settings/permissions youv'e given them upon reboot without telling you...

I think it's possible leaving some of this junk on the device is what is causing the issues...

I'm rooted and I cleaned house, I deleted that junk, I didn't freeze anything, I even wiped useless system files (not recommended if you don't know what they are) and my Bionic isn't plagued with the mass issues I'm seeing in threads...

I've always deleted (not froze) apps and when an OTA update comes I usually go to XDA and get the early release or the apk from them post release and install it manually...I thought I'd mention this for those who preach to freeze not delete- perhaps freezing bloatware isn't good enough-especially when there is more than just the 1 bloatware apk you see hidden in the system files....there's usually 3 o4 4 sometimes more system files associated with the apk

warnette

Reaction score
To indulge this theory more, could this be the reason this issue slipped through testing?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
indee2025

indee2025

Reaction score
If you think about it, many times when you begin having issues on any device the culprit is usually something you did recently such as installing an app that doesn't function properly or doesn't get along with other apps & when you delete it , voila the problem is gone...

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Moto still puts the other apps on the phone. So they are included in the testing.

In addition a lot of the bloat is on other Verizon phones. Those don't have any issues.

There are also other phones on other networks that suffer the samr issues as well.

Even the Nexus phones have issues and they don't have bloat.

While your theory does make sense (there are apps that can mess things up). Most of the time the bugs are from the OEM and are fixed in updates.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Moto still puts the other apps on the phone. So they are included in the testing.

In addition a lot of the bloat is on other Verizon phones. Those don't have any issues.

There are also other phones on other networks that suffer the samr issues as well.

While your theory does make sense (there are apps that can mess things up). Most of the time the bugs are from the OEM and are fixed in updates.

Yeah I'm with you. All that bloatware was present for final testing, how could it be the problem?

Of all the bloatware I actually use 1/3-1/2 of it. It would be nice to have a simple way to dump the rest. Why as owners do we have to jump through hoops, blaw, blaw?

Didn't someone post that bloatware is illegal?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
indee2025

indee2025

Reaction score

Many problems with your post....

-Have any evidence that apps are put on the phone by moto prior to instruction by Verizon or does it just makes sense in your head & you're one of those people who make what you believe fact?

-Nexus devices absolutely have bloatware, you are just too kind on your definition of what bloatware actually is.

-LOTS of devices have issues that have bloatware, if you think no other device has issues please look at a Droid X2.

warnette

Reaction score

Your next post will be dedicated to the 4G devices on verizon that don't have issues.

OP
indee2025

indee2025

Reaction score
Verizon phones have bloat but only the bionic has issues.....nexus devices don't have bloat but have issues....bugs sometimes come from apps but the bionic bugs are caused by the OEM.....& motorola tests all apps on a device before it goes into the hands of consumers while nothing else is added to the device in between manufacturing & verizon retailing it?

This reminds me of P if then Q math (if P then not Q) etc etc except this is all over the place...very confusing.