Bloat Freezer

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by c_m_chance, Jan 24, 2011.

1. c_m_chance

c_m_chance New Member

Some of you may have seen this app on the market place recently. From a thread that I saw over on android central, it looks like this is a pretty new app as it was only released this month.

The developer seems to have been taking a lot of feedback into consideration and making updates pretty often, so I decided to buy and download it and try it out. Works good and seems to be just what I was looking for!

Very easy to use interface and is straight to the point. This app doesn't allow you to do anything else other than freeze apps, which I like - straight to the point of why I downloaded it. It currently only allows you to freeze apps that are on the device by default. When you try and freeze an app that you have downloaded yourself, it gives you a message saying that you are "currently" unable to freeze that app, which tells me that the developer is working on being able to freeze all apps instead of just the bloat apps. (Which, I would like because there are some apps that I don't use much but would rather not uninstall them as when I need them...I NEED THEM! However, they run in the background a lot. For example, Easy Tether.)

The app list is color coded so that you can tell what apps are currently running, what apps are pre-installed system apps, and what apps are frozen. I have frozen quite a few apps and they seem to be out of sight, out of mind, and are not showing up as being turned on and using the computer memory when I look at the System Viewer. And, I went ahead and tested the unfreezing function on an app and it seems to work good. And I went ahead and tested it to make sure everything is stored even after you turn the phone off and back on again, and it does! So it seems like a really solid app so far!

I have not had a chance to see how much load it puts on the battery yet (if at all) since I just downloaded it. I will post back here with a status on that after a few hours go by and I can check that out and have a more solid reading.

Other than that, I highly recommend this app! I was looking for a way to freeze apps but didn't want to download the Titanium Backup Pro for $6 as I wouldn't use that app for anything other than the freezing ability (and I'm a broke college student who doesn't want to have to spend $6 when he doesn't have to). Bloat Freezer was only a $1.50 in the marketplace and does simply all I need it to do. Of course though, for this type of app to work, you must be rooted. If it sounds like something you're interested in, I highly recommend it (thus far. I'll give another report in a few hours).
  2. c_m_chance

c_m_chance New Member

Well I've had it unplugged for 8...almost 9 hours and the battery live has only dropped 40%. Viewing computer consumption and battery consumption of Bloat Freezer reveals that it is not draining the battery life at all.

This app has my approval 100%!