Blinking Green Light.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks, I can't wait for the 3.0.1 update, I hear it will come with Blackberry Messenger and will remove this stupid pointless ugly fail of a physical keyboard. I can't wait.

gatorbait

Reaction score
Don't worry, mine is somewhat similar to yours. I have a sort of hazy/misty black area on the left side of the circle where the led light source comes from, so it illuminates the right side of the circle much better than the left. I'm guessing it is just some sort of contaminates (paint mist? dust?) on the part of the screen above the led.

I'm a little like you in that my electronics OCD finds it slightly annoying, but ultimately I can still spot that little blinking green light clearly from across the room, and that's what really matters. A minor, nearly imperceptible blemish like that shouldn't be an issue, and I wouldn't bring your Droid back to the store because of that. You never know if your replacement is going to have other very minor issues that will bother you just as much.

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks, I can't wait for the 3.0.1 update, I hear it will come with Blackberry Messenger and will remove this stupid pointless ugly fail of a physical keyboard. I can't wait.
physical keyboard changes in 3.1, but only the milestone gets that, but it disables GPS, so, it's a lose-lose.

Hypnotic

Reaction score
because the LED is a muilticolored one, they all have to fit in the same pinhole space. if you can see the LED/color, it's doing its job.
You might know this, but in the updates are we going to be able to choose what notifcation light color blinks for different notifications? I used to have the MSN app....Can't remember its name off the top of my head atm, but when I would recieve a message it would make the LED blink blue. Anyways point being I like different colors and was wondering if we will ever be able to set that.

Silver Member
Reaction score
because the LED is a muilticolored one, they all have to fit in the same pinhole space. if you can see the LED/color, it's doing its job.
You might know this, but in the updates are we going to be able to choose what notifcation light color blinks for different notifications? I used to have the MSN app....Can't remember its name off the top of my head atm, but when I would recieve a message it would make the LED blink blue. Anyways point being I like different colors and was wondering if we will ever be able to set that.
different notifications produce different colors anyway, but yes, there are currently apps that will allow this. even handcent does.

Hypnotic

Reaction score
different notifications produce different colors anyway, but yes, there are currently apps that will allow this. even handcent does.
All mine produce a green light :x

Silver Member
Reaction score
IM (talk, meebo, etc): purple
calendar, email, sms, mms: green
battery, power: red

i've seen orange. can't remember why.

Guchi

Reaction score
IM (talk, meebo, etc): purple
calendar, email, sms, mms: green
battery, power: red

i've seen orange. can't remember why.

my email comes up blue?

Silver Member
Reaction score
maybe in the default email client. my email is green.