BlindType Now Part Of Google In New Buy Out

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;m6eKm1gUnTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6eKm1gUnTE[/video]

Today has been generally quiet in the news front, but here is something to talk about. Today Blindtype announced they were in talks with Google and now the deal is closed and they are a part of the mega company. This news was posted over at Engadget and they pointed out that with this acquisition comes improved keyboard for future Android updates like 2.5 and Gingerbread.

If you are like me, then you might be especially happy because your device that does not have a hardware keyboard and now you do not really need one. I am also very happy because this means Google is getting everything perfect for their next and greatest OS.

Via: Engadget

tktouch12

Reaction score
thats sweet. i cant wait for gingerbread. now google just needs to buy swype.. seriously, if they did android would own!
and side note, that iphone part of the video is irrelevant now i assume since google owns them now?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like how they slipped the DOES at the end of Blind Type :wink:

sportadic22

Reaction score
hahaha i want this... that last example was LEGIIITT. lol typing on the white screen..all the question marks..then turns into keyboard haha wtfff

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I was ecstatic when I found out about this. I really hope it's ready in time for Gingerbread.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
i just hope this doesnt turn out like gizmo 5 where they have it for a long time and dont release any info at all

everstar80

Reaction score
YouTube - BlindType on Android

Today has been generally quiet in the news front, but here is something to talk about. Today Blindtype announced they were in talks with Google and now the deal is closed and they are a part of the mega company. This news was posted over at Engadget and they pointed out that with this acquisition comes improved keyboard for future Android updates like 2.5 and Gingerbread.

I've been asking this for over a week, and it relates to 2.5 and gingerbread. Have you heard any rumors on when an official ota update of these will be released? I have been searching websites, numerous threads, and even calling the manufacturers and carriers. So, what have you heard on this, Wen?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
For which phone? I think they're supposed to be done around November. As we all know manufacturers take their time pushing out updates so it may be next year before phones start getting OTA updates. It'll probably launch on one phone and everybody else will be waiting for a while.

everstar80

Reaction score
For which phone? I think they're supposed to be done around November. As we all know manufacturers take their time pushing out updates so it may be next year before phones start getting OTA updates. It'll probably launch on one phone and everybody else will be waiting for a while.

I think you're right. I have spent hours looking on websites and combing through every thread relsted to this topic and found little to nothing. Maybe something will come up in the forums soon.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
id def give it a try might help while driving :shocked: but swype is my keyboard of choice

chaz.ring

Reaction score
hmmmm.... I think I would enjoy this. I didn't get to try swype, but I like the SlideIt keyboard I have now. This looks comparably fast if you don't need to be accurate...:icon_ banana:

megawatz

Reaction score
Swype is definitely my choice of keyboard, although I hate that they don't have a microphone button so i can speak my words, i like that option as well.

I'm curious to find out what BlindType has to offer. Seeing some of the preview videos, it looks awesome, however, almost looks fake. They person who is typing had to have some sort of idea on what to type beforehand. I can see if you type something thats close to the actual key, but it was done a little...too well? Is it just me?

parker34

Reaction score
I'm curious to find out what BlindType has to offer. Seeing some of the preview videos, it looks awesome, however, almost looks fake. They person who is typing had to have some sort of idea on what to type beforehand. I can see if you type something thats close to the actual key, but it was done a little...too well? Is it just me?

I was thinking the same thing, until i remembered Google bought it so surely its amazing...either way i still cannot wait to try it out, i get annoyed by the regular software keybord o_O