Blank sd card

nan2825

Reaction score
Hi everyone..I have searched the forum & haven't found an answer so my apologies if this has been asked before. My husband has a stock X & tonight he got an error message saying his sd card is blank or file not supported. He has the same card the X came with and has never had this error before. I pulled the battery & still get same error. Any thoughts? I don't believe its a bad card since he's had the same one since I bought his phone in June. I've never synced it to my desktop unfortunately. So I'm guessing he's up a creek as far as backup goes. Do I need to format or just try another card?
Sent from my DROIDX

CxUNG

Reaction score
Before you format it have all the files on the sd card backup'ed then do a format if that doesnt work you defi itly have a bad sd card for sure. Verizon will warreentee you for it.

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Sometimes they just go bad. If you have important stuff like photos on it, you may want to buy a card reader for your pc and see if you can get it to read on there. Just keep the receipt and take it back if you don't have any luck.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
N

nan2825

Reaction score
Its a bad card. Do they "go bad" often? I was able to use a card reader so needless to say I backed up both our cards to my pc now. How annoying. Thanks for the help. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX

fatpomp

Reaction score
Was it a no name card made in korea? If so yes they have been going bad on a lot of people.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App