"Blank SD Card" Message

missmys4

Reaction score
Placed my MicroSD card from my cracked S4 into the temp Incredible and "Blank SD Card" appeared. For what it's worth, the SD Card is an 8GB card which was used in my S4 which is rooted. The Incredible is not rooted. Does this make any difference? If not, what would the Incredible not recognize the MicroSD card?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have a micro SD card reader? If so, then connect it to your computer? Does the computer read it? If not, then the card might've been corrupted when you dropped it.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Your S4 may have formatted your SD card in a different manner than the Incredible, but also, the file structure may differ as well between the phones.
Usually, you can 'see' the files, and often access them as well, but the file type might be stored in different file locations than the Incredible.
The S4 might use a different file name, but you should still be able to locate any application or file name, especially if you read the card on a computer so you know what to look for, and where.
Make sure the card isn't damaged physically, or 'made defective' by corrosion on the pins of the card. Look for clean metal, if dull and dirty in appearance, you will have to remove the 'crud' first.
Pencil erasers are a great abrasive that does no harm, just blow away any remaining erasure bits and re-read your card.

Not ALL formatting is compatible, there can be differences in the process which disallows a read cycle when cards are swapped to different platforms and systems.

Remember the old floppy disk days, where you could not format a 1.44 MB disk 'as' a 720 K disk, and vice versa.