blank screen on droid

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by sullyjohnl, Nov 19, 2009.

1. sullyjohnl

sullyjohnl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been having a problem when I make short calls. I place the call and put the phone to my ear and when the call is over and take the phone to end call the screen is blank. I have to move the keyboard open in order to see the screen . Is this a common problem or is my phone defective.

Thanks,
    John
  2. sir

sir Member

Ratings:
    +2
    like the iPhone, the device is supposed to "sense" that the phone is next to your ear and disable the display, but once removed it's supposed to enable the display. i personally don't have this problem, but it sounds like a software issue. i think others have also commented on this issue in the forums. i'd do a quick search and get a link for you to a post but i don't have time at the moment :)
  3. jamsesh

jamsesh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @sullyjohnl, sir is right, this is being discussed extensively in another thread.

It seems to be a defective proximity sensor. Read through that other thread and make sure you're having the same problem, then go to the store and get it replaced! Remember, something like 10% of electronics are defective, so it's not that weird that a lot of us have this problem :)

Cheers
Search tags for this page

droid 3 blank screen

motorola droid screen blank
motorola droid x blank screen
my new moto x screen on cell phone goes blank
verizon andriod with keyboard- screen is blank
verizon motorola droid blank screen