Blank Screen after Jelly Bean OTA Update

RobbyJ859

Reaction score
After I installed my JB OTA update, my phone booted into a blank screen. I could still access the notification curtain/settings, though. I rebooted the phone and now it remains on the "Glitching Droid Eye" screen.
I tried wiping the cache and rebooting. Same issue.

Wondering if anyone else has any advice before I reset to factory default (if I do, will I be able to download the update again?).

I was reading somewhere else that others were having the same issues. Verizon, apparently, told one guy there was nothing he could do and that he would either have to buy a used/refurb phone or purchase a new phone at retail price.

Also, I do have an extended warranty if worse comes to worse.

Thanks!

(Btw, it may be some time before I can respond since my phone is out of commission.)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, you should certainly try the FDR first, but if that doesn't fix it...there's always this thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ricked-after-reverting-jelly-bean-update.html) from CamoMike to fall back on. Note, this thread is certainly risky in that you are essentially soft-bricking the phone on purpose in the process (if it's not already), but then using the method described are able to "un-brick" it and get back on the upgrade path. If you read through the thread, I actually did this with my phone and was 100% successful, so I can attest that it works.

Last edited: