Blank Homepage?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by AHB900, Dec 20, 2009.

1. AHB900

AHB900 New Member

Hey guys, i just got a new droid cause mine crashed during the software update. Now im having problems with this one.. Some times my home screen shows no icons i only see the wallpaper... Also, sometimes when i get a call i don't see the buttons i just see the name of the person calling so i cant even pick up the call.. WTF is going on with my phone?

Thanks
  2. Droidette

Droidette New Member

I've been getting that, too. My home page is blank, with just wallpaper, but when I scroll over to the other home pages, the icons come back. I've had the blank phone call, too - the phone was ringing and I could see who was calling but there was no "answer" button! There was no way for me to answer the call and I had to watch helplessly as it went into voicemail. It only happened to me once, though. I've found that my phone is doing weird things since the "update" - it worked just fine before! My phone also crashes more often when switching between apps, like being on Maps and then checking my email - all of a sudden, it's rebooting. Should I turn in my phone or is there a way to get rid of the "update"?
  3. Laurence5905

Laurence5905 New Member

Well, if it were a problem with the update, then we'd all be having the same problem (I would think.) Besides, you can't un-install the update once it's installed...

I would make sure you're not running any apps that might be interfering with this -- there's a couple of home-screen replacement apps out there, I believe... You're not running one of those, are you?

Just to be 100% certain, uninstall all your apps and use the phone for a few days. If it's back to normal, then it had to be an app you were using that was causing the problem... If there's still a problem even after you have no apps installed, then go grab a new phone under warranty...
  4. Droidette

Droidette New Member

No, I'm not using any homepage apps, just the default one that came with the phone. I'm not running any weird non-Market apps, just things like Shop Savvy, solitaire games, Pandora, Maps, Cardio Workout. I ran all of these just fine before the Update for more than a month. Once the update happened, I can't even switch between something as basic as Maps and AOL email or Facebook without it closing and rebooting. I'm not even running ATK. I doubt it's the apps - it's a pain to uninstall all of them, but I guess I'll have to think about doing that to be sure.
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Just an FYI the update was mandatory. Some people tried not installing it but it installed anyway.

I would agree with the previous poster. Probably a bad app. If you uninstall your apps and still have problems have Verizon replace it.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  6. AHB900

AHB900 New Member

The thing is I have never run this droid on the first firmware its always been on the new one. I had another one which crashed due to the update so it was replaced and the first thing i did was update to the new software once i turned it on. So I don't know if it would have run fine with the previous firmware. Now another thing i have pretty much the same apps I did on my previous droid before it crashed, and I never had any problems on that phone. Would there be any way to find out for sure if its the phone itself? Im really starting to wonder if the droid is as great as its said to be... Don't get me wrong the phone is AMAZing and i love it, but im not liking these issues im running into.
Search tags for this page

close android browser and get blank

get rid of about:blank homepage on android

how do i get rid of a blank home screen in android

how to fix a blank homepage on a droid dna

how to get rid of blank screen on an verizon driod x2

how to remove blank homepages on s4

part of screen blank android browser