Blank boot animation

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by Hobn, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Hobn

Hobn New Member

How can I get a blank boot animation like in CM7? I am running Justice. Is there a bootanimation.zip that is just black? Would that slow down the bootup compared to the Android boot animation that is used when there is no bootanimation.zip? Also, does anyone have a yellow or green version of the Droid X eye animation?
  2. fish1552

fish1552 Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

I don't know that it would speed up or slow down the boot as it only plays while the OS is loading. Once it finishes, the BA simply stops.

A boot animation is simply a collection of images placed into 1 or more folders with a small text file telling the system how to use them. You could realistically put 1 or 2 black squares in the folders and just have it repeat until finished loading.

You can use the BA guide I put together over on the XoomForums to get the gist of how to make one, although images sizes and such would be different. The concept would be the same though.
    [GUIDE] Make Your Own Boot Animations

But if you'd rather not get into making your own:
    Green droidX eye boot animation: Green Eye Boot Animation [droid x mod] - xda-developers

Oh, and put the file in /data/local instead of /system/media. That way, you won't overwrite the original one and if you have problems, you delete the one in /data/local and it defaults back to the other.
  3. Hobn

Hobn New Member

Is flashing the zip version in recovery the same?
Search tags for this page
android empty bootanim

blank boot animation

blank bootanimation
boot animation hilang
boot annimation is blank android

bootanimation showing blank

empty bootanimation.zip

how to have a blank boot animation
how to slow down your bootanimation xda
mengatasi boot animation hilang
x10 blank bootanimation