BlackTwitter themed app

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by CorCor67, Dec 1, 2010.

1. CorCor67

CorCor67 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I re-worked the twitter app earlier this week, wanted a plain black look to it. Trimmed off excess file size, but in doing so I rendered this useless to mdpi phones. If droid, d2, dx...all the hdpi phones it will work fine. Who couldn't use a few extra kbs every now and then?

File size when I began...1.89mb
    file size now....1023.24kb

like i said very plain basic black conversion just thought id share...

uninstall twitter from your phone, download the blacktwitter.apk then install

***NOTE: it has been reported small widget refreshing causes FC, will remove notice once fixed***
    ***We have discovered this issue is with the original twitter too so it may have something to do with your rom or the official twitter app.
    BlackTwitter.apk

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  2. RonsHome

RonsHome New Member

Thanks! Appreciate it..I love it
    I used to use the bowers one but its outdated now..
    One thing on the small widget the refresh causes a FC but it doesn't bother me just letting you know just in case .
  3. CorCor67

Thanks, appreciate the heads up...I must have missed that when testing...but I suppose staring at xml for 3 days straight can make the brain a little fuzzy, planning on updating it once I get the chance, or at least offer a version with a little gloss to it for the folks that like a little more style to it.

Little swamped at the moment more black mods for a friend, but ill get at it as soon as I can.
  4. RonsHome

RonsHome New Member

I'll be looking out for it..
    I theme for myself but don't know much about the xmls
    Just can pull the ones I need like the progress and the new animation ones. The cheaters way to theme and that gets me a little nuts searching for things and double checking.
    Much props to you! Thanks again
  5. CorCor67

What rom are you using?
  6. CorCor67

Try uninstalling my twitter and installing the one from the market, then do what you do to get the FC

I'm under the impression this is caused by deleted librarys in the rom...
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  7. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

Love the dark look

Im using TheBowers's BlackNBold facebook1.41 and twitter1.02 myself
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a link many may like on this subject. I prefev thebowers's due to the black inverted app as well as the black widget. Here's his how too.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/thebowers/97340-facebook-new-one-1-4-1-inverted-too.html
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/thebowers/81910-inverted-google-voice-1x4-widgets-new-10-18-a.html
    [​IMG]
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/thebowers/101424-how-inverting-vending-apk.html
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  8. RonsHome

RonsHome New Member

Ok I did what you said and sure enough I got force close on the small widget reply button too in twitter from market.
    but (there's always a but lol) I installed the bowers 1.0.4 twitter and everything works fine. So where is the problem.?

I use alot of roms .lol..it was shadow for a while until they fell off for now....Cm and the nights but I am settling in right now on UD 2.3 and that's what I'm theming.
    I usually won't wipe and just keep flashing on top of each other the theme work files until I like what I see. Then theme a fresh file once and do a quadripledipple wipe and install.

I really never have any problems doing it like this but I would like to know what you meant by...problems due to erasing library files...
    Thanks
  9. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Looks nice CorCor!!!
  10. CorCor67

I believe the problem is in twitters latest release, not something I did when themeing it. I'm no coder, so I sent my log off to Liquid and he told me its looking for a library file that isn't there. I haven't tried it on any roms other than liquid frozen yogurt and ud, got the FC in both, with original twitter too. I can't say for sure the library its looking for is the issue. What I meant by erasing library files is something a rom dev might to, you wouldn't have done it. Ill still be searching for a solution to the issue, but if it happens with the twitter from the market I know its not my fault. Appreciate you trying the different versions for me.
  11. CorCor67

Bowers! What's up man, long time no talk... Glad to see you back around the forums. And appreciate the compliments :)
  12. RonsHome

RonsHome New Member

Ok thanks for the explanation. I was thinking it was something I erased.
    Sup Bowers.
Search tags for this page
black twitter apk

black twitter app

blacktwitter.apk
how to join blacktwitter