Blacked Out..... Google Search... with pics!!

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here is my blacked out google search... Let me know if anybody finds any issues. Hope you like it........

Just select the link
download to PC or Phone
Uninstall your current Google Search (/system or /data)
Put on your SD card (its already .apk, no need to rename..)
Select app from SD
Select install
Your Search just BLACKED OUT!!! :)

com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
That is JUST what I wanted snead!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

UPDATE: I changed out some of the images (thanks to thebowers and others for the images themselves -- none of those are my work) to match my theme, but I totally love your work and am so grateful to you for providing the inverted version.

CAP201012151116.jpg
CAP201012151117.jpg
CAP201012151120.jpg

Last edited:

jimmydene84

Reaction score
any chance we can get this in a .zip?? for some reason i cant get this to work for me....

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
any chance we can get this in a .zip?? for some reason i cant get this to work for me....

Here you go. I renamed ecsnead69's Blacked Out Search apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk and put it in update zip format so it will install to /system/app (that's how I installed mine). Make sure you uninstall any previous version of this app if it's in /data. If it's already in /system/app, this will replace it.

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As long as you don't have the app on your phone it should install to /data from your SD card like any other app....

jimmydene84

Reaction score
man, this is drivin me nutz!!!! Im def not a newb when it come to this, but i cannot get this to work for me!!!!:icon_evil:

swagmonster

Reaction score
Flash thru cw, go to the zip using ur file browser/ I use root explorer, find the zip extract the apk install and ur good to go

Sent from my DROID2

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
Flash thru cw, go to the zip using ur file browser/ I use root explorer, find the zip extract the apk install and ur good to go

Sent from my DROID2

I'm not sure what you're talking about here. The apk from the OP will install to /data/app from the SD just like any other apk. You just have to make sure you uninstall any prior versions.

The update zip file I posted will install to /system/app (which is where I prefer it) by flashing just like a theme, without wiping -- there's no need to extract anything or use Root Explorer to install. It might not be a bad idea to use Root Explorer to make sure there aren't any other versions of the app in /data/app or /system/app, though.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That keyboard is SICK!!!

That is JUST what I wanted snead!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

UPDATE: I changed out some of the images (thanks to thebowers and others for the images themselves -- none of those are my work) to match my theme, but I totally love your work and am so grateful to you for providing the inverted version.

CAP201012151116.jpg
CAP201012151117.jpg
CAP201012151120.jpg

DroidForums junkie!!

jimmydene84

Reaction score

CAP201012151116.jpg
CAP201012151117.jpg
CAP201012151120.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Finally got it to work....looks great ecsdnead! But im really liken thebowers touches u put on urs. Any chance u can throw that in a zip :)
sent with my thumbs

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
But im really liken thebowers touches u put on urs. Any chance u can throw that in a zip :)

Sure, here you go. This is in update zip format and will install GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to /system/app. It's not signed, but I did optimize the pngs and zipalign the apk.

Just to clarify, this is totally based on ecsnead69's Blacked Out Search, with some different pngs inserted to match my theme. Credit to thebowers for the pngs with the chrome outline on the black and white backgrounds, but the other images came from a number of different themes I've tried over time.

forever91

Reaction score
My current google search wont uninstall

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It is probably in /system then.. You will need to go into the /system/app folder with Root Explorer and delete it... Then you will be able to install mine.

It should be call googlequicksearchbox.apk

forever91

Reaction score
It says cannot be deleted because the file system is read-only

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App