Blacked Out Gingerbread Keyboard... WITH "shadow buttons"

MotoDroid

Reaction score
Understood, but for some reason my D2 will not reboot into clockworkmod recovery!? It restarts....gets to the Moto "M", then the droid eye.... then continues to boot normally??!!

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh, I see... do a search for spaz33g I believe, or look in the D2 section for him. He seems to be one of the resident experts for the D2, he should know how to help you get into recovery....

I only use the D1 right now.....

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
Understood, but for some reason my D2 will not reboot into clockworkmod recovery!? It restarts....gets to the Moto "M", then the droid eye.... then continues to boot normally??!!

Actually, it sounds like you're experiencing the bug that has plagued Froyo since the beginning -- for some reason, the recovery failed. Go into ROM Manager and flash alternate recovery, then flash ClockworkMod recovery again. This may take several tries, flashing alternate and back, or it may take only one try. See if that works for you!

chris420o

Reaction score
actualy glad i installed this...i dont understand the orange highlights since the theme of the icons is dark green from gingerbread...im on pe3.5 rockin stock using darkedge icons n themed all green love this keyboard but the orange highlights are weird....my only beef minus the color with this is the face when u go back to change a word u mispelled with an auto correct it places the word in the actual word where u clicked...not replacing it.....like if you write wht...u click between the h and t and then press What in the auto correct you get whWhatt...hope a fix comes out in time now that gingerbread is in the wild

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP Updated with STANDALONE Blue Keyboard....

The OP has been updated with the blue keyboard from my new "Blacked Out Blue" theme.... Enjoy!!!

bump47

Reaction score
The Blacked out Blue keyboard shows the &amp. I installed the stock gingerbread before I installed the blue one. The stock was fixed but the blue themed one is not fixed. Just a heads up

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I will get it changed tonight ......

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bump47

Reaction score
Awesome thanks man. Also I'm having trouble installing the blacked out blue theme. Do i need to install the original blacked out theme first? Because when the black and blue theme gets installed it loads up, goes thru the M sign and then just sits at a blank screen. Thanks for your help

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
New zip loaded, it should fix the &amp problem..... thanks for catching it!

The theme should load right over stock, but you could try it over Blacked Out just to see if that works for you...

bump47

Reaction score
I just redid the new blue keyboard and the &amp is still there. Could be user error tho. Just letting you know. Thanks for being an awesome themer and being active

NattyBee

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, but can this be installed on DroidX?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NattyBee

Reaction score
I really wopuld like to try this nice keyboard but I can't get my D2 to cooperate....I am rooted, I copied the files to the root of my SD card and run rom manager, when I select the keyboard zip file to install, it says press ok to reboot into clockwork recovery.......here is where I run into issues....it never goes into recovery, it just reboots normally....no install :(

Remember, the D2, like the DX, has a locked bootloader and requires you to run Bootstrapper in order to get to Clockwork. Did you try going into Bootstrapper-> bootstrap recovery. And then do your rom manager? Or, assuming this is installed as any update.zip, just Bootstrapper-> Bootstrap Recovery-> reboot Recovery-> install zip from sdcard-> choose zip from sdcard-> choose the keyboard zip you want-> install...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
New zip loaded, it should fix the &amp problem..... thanks for catching it!

The theme should load right over stock, but you could try it over Blacked Out just to see if that works for you...

I downloaded the black with blue and installed a few minutes ago and I LOVE the blue accents, but the &amp is still there. Also, I loaded over the original blacked out version. You say it's "stand alone" though, so I'm wondering if it can be installed without the original Gingerbread keyboard of the original blacked out as a base?

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK, sorry everybody, I thought I had fixed the &amp issue... I will get a fix out either tonight or first thing tomorrow....