Blackdroid - I am back

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by the blackdroid, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bl33d - you should check twitter then - roughly around an hour ago....

2. littlerick

littlerick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just dont get why everyone is talking so bad about this droidforums, if you dont like it then why keep coming back? i appreciate all the work that goes into running this forum and just want to thank all the mods and everyone keeping the peace on here lately. everyone should kick back and enjoy the great phone we all have!

3. Sam

Sam Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    what happened?? i was gone for dinner... dang guys..

4. VolDroid

VolDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For those of you flaming and bad mouthing this and that, why do you care? You're not the developer, you didn't code it, you're not getting paid for it nor any credit one way or the other. Instead you are flaming people on a forum like my kids do when they don't get the toy they wanted at the store. Seriously guys/gals, this is really only between 2 or 3 people at the most, let them hash this out and the rest pipe down, enjoy your phone/Roms/mods/themes and remember you could still be stuck on a plane jane stock phone without any of these neat features.

5. agent42o

agent42o Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's beyond that, but the point is, UD people were sold they had something different, that with the Droid, there was a guy doing stuff unlike anything else out there. Trashing Koush with the line of "Making money for someone elses work" that's where all this issue comes from. Someone's not making money on his work, he's taking donations on someone elses without telling people where it all came from.

That return post, the first one in this thread.... I thought the post was half-assed but I was hoping it was done.

Honestly, DF, you guys have a problem here and it sucks because you weren't even aware it was happening. I was stoked to see this place had it's own rom, it's own community that could have a decent discussion, help new people and grow. Now, without really doing anything, you've found yourself at odds with the majority of the Android community.

At this point, you've got two options, lose users, reputation, and developers, or lose BD. I didn't want to see it go down like that, but it appears BD is forcing peoples hands.

Good luck with this one, sorry it had to happen here :(

6. JT3

JT3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard (okay, read) so much name-calling, flaming, and other nonsense in this and other threads lately that I can't believe it. Look... here's the reality.

Some people will always jump to the defense of their favorite dev. This isn't about who did what, it's about chiming in to say that YOUR guy is better than THEIR guy. The ol' "My dad can beat up your dad" kind of mentality.

Did BD steal code? I frankly don't care. Not at all. The bottom line is that I've tried many ROMs, including the one that UD10 was, according to the posted evidence, based on, and you know what? On my droid UD10 runs BETTER than that other ROM. I don't care if BD only changed one freakin' letter in the code. If it makes my Droid run smoother and faster, then I'll pick his one-letter-changed code over the original any day.

YMMV, so if the other ROM runs better on yours, then go with that one, and I'll go with the one that runs better on mine. If that's UD, great! If not, then I'll go there. It's that simple, and probably is the reality for 90% of you.

As to who should give credit to whom... that's really between them. If you feel that one person slighted another, then don't use their ROM, it's that easy. To log on and flame them though, makes you no better, and in fact, in many ways worse. No laws were broken, so it's really nobody's business except the two parties involved. I can see the point of making it public, which has been done, but after that, you're simply beating a dead horse. Am I going to stop using a ROM that works great just because of some actions of the developer? No. I don't have to like the dev... I just want my phone to work. In this case, I don't even care enough to have it affect how I feel about the dev, but even if I found out he was secretly a serial killer... I'd still use his ROM if it worked best. (I probably wouldn't donate any money to him... but still...).

So... the bottom line is... who f'ing cares!?! Just use the ROM that works for you, and let me do the same without the f'ing soap opera!

7. ldimick

ldimick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Because he lied to all of us. Not just to CM and Koush. He represent3ed it as being HIS recompilation of Google code. I was getting tired of UDs bloated footprint. I was down to less than 25MB of space left. I wanted a CLEAN compilation with ERE81. He represented that HE had that to offer when he did not.

I will not be using his ROMs again simply because I cannot trust that his ROMs are safe since he can't seem to compile the source.

Oh,a nd I did get ripped off as I have donated for his 'work' in the past.

#139 ldimick, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  8. jper1

jper1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why do you care? Nobody is telling you to read the post.

9. VolDroid

VolDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0

10. Shiznit14

Shiznit14 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I made an earlier post about the mods saying they were going to get to the bottom of this issue and see no response..

Mods is that still happening? I am just a curious observer who would like closure

Thanks again for your time.

11. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Can we PLEASE give it a rest? Cyanogen has made it clear that all he was looking for was thanks and credit. They were given. Now let's move on, nothing to see here.

BlackDroid, what's done is done; and you've redeemed yourself. You seem to be moving forward in a way that will better benefit the Android community in the future, and for that I commend you.

Now everyone, let's let bygones be bygones; and all get back to enjoying the awesome work by ALL of our devs. Remember, none of US are getting paid for this stuff; the only people getting PAID to work on Android are the Google devs. So, on behalf of all the devs here; myself included - Thank You Google, without your sources none of these custom ROMs would be possible. That goes for compiled from source ROMs, and ROMs that are simply reskinned official builds with custom kernels.

12. VolDroid

VolDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I care because they are brining down an entire forum for their own needless reasons and as a supporter of this forum I don't like it. Stick to the Cy forum and leave this one if you don't like who's here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

black droid

blackdroid
blackdroid cellphone
blackdroid mobile
mobile blackdroid
mobile.blackandroid.net
mobile.blackdroid.com
ttp://mobile blackdroid.net