Blackberry Withdrawals....

OP
hypergirl

hypergirl

Reaction score
i couldnt help but smile when i read thru this thread .... remembering my transition from 3 yrs of hardcore bb usage. i used to download and install the latest builds of bbos for my bb's ... good times.

overall, as you get used to it, could become like an umbilical cord ...

enjoy and best of luck

Thanks;)

After 4 days with the phone, I'm feeling more accustomed to how it behaves, I'm starting to "get it" :greendroid:, however, I still have 3 final issues with which I'm struggling:

1. Battery life is way too short for my lifestyle. I need a battery to last at least 2 days before needing a charge. My husband and I take weekend trips where there is no access to a charger. I've done all the recommended tips to conserve battery life. I am thinking one way to solve this limitation is to buy some extra batteries to carry around. However, see #2 :icon_arrow:
2. It's heavy to carry in my pocket (I have the extended battery, but even with just the regular battery I still feel like I have a little brick in my pocket weighing me down).:lifting:
3. Voice quality is often garbled or muddy sounding, what's up with that? I did the *228 option 2 trick, but, no fixy.:blink:

I guess that about sums it up.

Okay, *thinking* .....
1. Forget battery life, I will learn to carry batteries.
2. Forget weight, I am just being cranky.
3. CALL "voice" QUALITY: Let's focus on that.

Does anyone out there know:
Which Verizon Android phone(s) have th best call (voice sounding clear) quality? And could I have that with a cherry on top, please?:heart: :icon_ lala:

Thanks in advance, you have all been great!

blwn327

Reaction score
I was a hardcore crackberry curve then to a storm2 and this droid2 is a million times better,just settle in and you'll b great!

sent from my ROOTED DROID 2

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not going to be much help here.. i was just reading this thread and you cannot help but laugh.. it is nice to see how everyone jumped in and tried to help..

as far as Voice quality goes. i have heard complaints on all droid saying they lack.. i use Bluetooth headset for about everything and i think quality is ok

battery life== i have the X and if i go all day without charging it i feel like it has been a good day.. i carry extra batteries with me as well (3 to be exact) so that gives me all weekend if i have to go that long without charging.. figure a little more than 1 battery a day.

good luck and happy droiding :icon_ banana:

oh and welcome to the forums

Bilgediver

Reaction score
That's odd considering Motorola has always had pretty good voice quality, and even some of the reviews I've heard had pretty good voice quality as well. I would recommend using a bluetooth or wired earpiece. I think the tiny speaker they used for the included earpiece on the phone kinda sucks, but if you use real headphones or earbuds the audio quality is much better.

born2golf

Reaction score
i couldnt help but smile when i read thru this thread .... remembering my transition from 3 yrs of hardcore bb usage. i used to download and install the latest builds of bbos for my bb's ... good times.

once i moved to android it was a shocker. but got used to it and now on my second device and rooted.

gmail on this fone is push just like bb, but you need to configure push for other domains which i know u can do for yahoo. i dont have a business reliance on email with my personal fone, so i dont use push.

regarding hardware, the droid 2 global is a hotrod when compared to other fones on the market and even in direct competion with its android siblings ... the keyboard on the device is nice enough to say you dont mind giving up a qwerty bb.

overall, as you get used to it, could become like an umbilical cord ...

coming from a droid 1, i like the ui changes moto has made on the d2 (less the extra bloat crapware).

enjoy and best of luck

Ditto... I'm smiling fondly while remembering my first days too...

zero7404

Reaction score
battery can be improved by rooting the phone. download an app called titanium backup (pro version) and freeze the useless apps that are loaded on the phone by verizon/motorola. you can find more tips/info on this here:

Removing the Bloat 2.2 OTA - (3 Ways) Super Easy & Safe, Safe & Easy, Free

as for the heft. i kind of like that. with my original droid i used an otterbox commuter case and it made it literally a brick. feels great in the hands.

voice quality ... i am unsure but maybe a fresh rom load may address this or it may not. depends on the nature of the issue and whether it's software correctable.