Blackberry Withdrawals....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypergirl

Reaction score
Hi. Total Droid newbie here.:)

I just switched from my Blackberry Curve :blackberry: to a Droid 2 Global yesterday, and I'm freaking out! :icon_eek:

I didn't realize how much of a security blanket my BB was :heart:.
I get it: the D2G is CRAZY AMAZING, and does everything but tie my shoes :D, but I miss the bling sound of incoming emails, and I don't like having to push the little button on the top right-hand side and slide that locked belt thing so often... (I know, I'm a dork :blink:)

Any assistance on apps, advise, tips, etc... to help me with this transition would be greatly appreciated :stupid:

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Hi and :welcome: to the forum. We have a lot of former BB users here. You'll get the hang of it. If you have any questions just ask.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
hypergirl, I have to say this as a former Blackberry owner.... Once you get past the initial learning curve (no pun intended) you will miss the BB less and less. If you are like the majority of us ex-BB owners, once you get familiar with just how capable the Droid phones are; you will wonder how you ever did without it. Heck, the first time you are out and about and need a REAL web browser, you will come to realize just how limited the BBs are for some things.

Tsip85

Reaction score
HypeGirl, I was a BB user as well. Had a Storm 1 and actually loved it. Of course, I was constantly changing my OS and themes. And that's why I love my Droid even more!!! The developers here are amazing. Rooting your phoine, changing ROMs and themes is such a breeze! And there are a ton of great apps. Something BB was severly lacking in. To answer your question...Download Zedge (free) from the market place. It has thousands of wallpapers and ringtones. Including the BB bling tone for messages. Then, try out the various lock disablers. I use MyLock on my Droid 1 and it works great. I only have to push the button on the top to unlock my Droid and not use the stupid slider!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest the Droid isn't for everybody. And that applies more often to Blackberry users then probably any other phone. It is a matter of not only the learning curve but getting comfortable with the features. If you've been using Blackberry for a long time, that can be tough to overcome.

You see the plus side, no doubt about it you said so in your OP. Ultimately it's got to be what feels right for you. If you decide to go back to Blackberry that's perfectly understandable. You wouldn't be the first and you won't be the last.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread closed because OP has an identical post in the Droid 2 forums. Please only post one subject in one area only. You're new I understand, we don't allow cross posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.