Blackberry Venice Android Device Images Leak Confirming microSD Slot and More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
blackberry-venice-1.jpg

This is exciting stuff for folks who are curious about the rumored Blackberry Android. The image leaks we have to share today are of the new Blackberry Venice Android device. Along with the leaked pics, we also have some supposedly confirmed specs.

Obviously the pictures confirm the QWERTY keyboard, which slides out from behind the display. The pics if the phone show that it will also have a front facing speaker and a microSD card slot. Finally, the leak supposedly confirms that the device will have a 16MP camera with dual-flash. There's still no word yet on the internals of the phone, but we will keep you updated as more details emerge.

Check out the rest of the photos in the thread below.

Since this intel looks very solid, we added a Blackberry Venice section here: Blackberry Venice | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: Phandroid

Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Not bad. Not bad at all.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
BB can make it like the Nexus with an unlockable bootloader (highly unlikely given BB is suppose to be a secured device), fast updates, sim unlock-able to work on all carriers LTE and the community may lose their minds.

happyhappyjoyjoy.gif

jbal52

Reaction score
Had always hoped to upgrade my Droid 4 to a Droid 5 with updated specs but once Motorola ignored the yearning for an upgraded phone with a physical keyboard, I had to give in and have my Galaxy Note 3. This news of BB with a physical keyboard is like like finding an oasis in the desert. BB's reputation for security and having Android OS with SD card, large screen.....when can I buy?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm wondering about using they physical keyboard. More specifically, about the buttons on the very sides of the keyboard. That track or bezel or whatever seems awful close to those buttons and from the pictures here and elsewhere that I've seen, it looks like the keyboard is recessed in there a bit.

Reminds me of when I bought an aluminum case for my OG Droid that was designed to lock the keyboard shut. That part worked great, but based on the way it was made around the edge of the screen and my thumbs, I couldn't use the p key with much success.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
It's intriguing because they are including a microSD slot even though nobody is doing that anymore (bwahaha). But I only used the slide out keyboard on my OG Droid for about a week. My wife however went from OG Droid-Droid 2G-Droid 4 because of the slide out and perhaps this will be her next device.