Blackberry style notification alarms

ghostengineer

Reaction score
Hello all. Im a Moto droid user and I love this phone. I use to have Blackberry's. Is there anyway to get the blackberry notification tones for this phone, more specifically the Eager tone and many of the other ones? Im still learning how to use this beauty of a phone.

jmt9779

Reaction score
Actually, yes :) A guy named "Redflea" over at androidforums.com posted them. Go over and search 'em up!

OP
G

ghostengineer

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Am I suppose to open this in my browser and download directly onto my phone or am I suppose to download on the computer and if so, how do I get it onto my phone...

Thanks

xliderider

Reaction score
Download to your computer. Extract the file (unzip it). Then use Mass Storage Mode (connect to your computer, pull down the notification shade on your Droid, select mount sd card) then use a file explorer window on your computer to copy files to your sd card.

You will need to create a folder on your sd card called Ringtones and one for Notifiers. On my card, I have a folder named Media, then I put my Ringtones and Notifier folders in that Media folder (along with folders called Videos, and Wallpaper).

OP
G

ghostengineer

Reaction score
What is a file explorer window and how do I creat a file on my SD card? Im so sorry for asking all of these questions. Im still learning. :(

Last edited:

warrior21

Reaction score
When you connect your phone to the computer and mount your sd card just click on the removable drive on your computer and the contents of your sd card will appear on the screen. You can create folders and copy files from your computer into them

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

xliderider

Reaction score
As mentioned above, when you put your Droid into Mass Storage Mode a window should pop-up in Windows asking what you want to do. Choose open an explorer window to view files. Once you see the files and folders on your Droid's memory card, you can right click and choose New, Folder. Rename the folder Ringtones. Drag and drop (copy the files) from the downloaded file to your memory card in the Ringtones folder you just created. Repeat for Notifiers.

OP
G

ghostengineer

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your help. I did everything you said, and I now have the BB ringtones and notifications on my phone. I set my ringtone to a BB ringtone and it works great, but when I set my notification ringtone to the BB Eager ringtone, it doesnt appear to work. It just says droid from when DROID was my default. Any suggestions?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where are you setting the notification tone? What event(s) triggers the Droid notification?

Thanks for posting. Am I suppose to open this in my browser and download directly onto my phone or am I suppose to download on the computer and if so, how do I get it onto my phone...
You can download directly on the Droid. You'd need a file maanger app like Astro to move the files from the Download folder on the SD card to the appropriate ringtone/notification folder.