BlackBerry Storm -----> Motorola DROID

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by vitomins, Nov 18, 2009.

1. vitomins

vitomins New Member

Hey guys, my name is Vito and I became a DROID owner on Saturday.

I came from the BlackBerry Storm and I am just blown away by this device. The fact that it is still only a couple weeks old is even more impressive, because this device can only get better.

I am looking forward to a long and happy relationship with my DROID!!!
  2. Droidlicous

Droidlicous New Member

Welcome to the site and congrats on being one of us droidsters!!!
  3. ffeingol

ffeingol New Member

Vito,

I'm thinking of moving from an 8830 to a Droid. Can you tell me how quickly mail shows up on the Droid vs your Storm?
  4. vitomins

vitomins New Member

Same speed if not faster on my DROID...

Make the switch my friend...you will not regret it one bit!
  5. Droidlicous

Droidlicous New Member

Yeah a lot faster than my storm. Pretty much instantly!!
  6. gatewayad

gatewayad New Member

I'm finding the exact opposite mail from my POP accounts slower (even when set for 5 minutes it's not pushing all the time) and i liked the fact that when my outlook was up my old BB would still push the mail, also liked the fact that if it did come thru the phone a copy would stay there untill i deleted. Now if i want to keep it i have to forward it to gmail. Maybe i'm doing something wrong or have something set wrong. Other than getting use to that I love the phone it's a keeper.. Any email help would be appreciated
  7. vitomins

vitomins New Member

I think if you change the "Amount to synchronize" option in the Account settings of your Outlook, it should solve your problem.

I think it is set to synchronize only 1 day as default. If you select a longer amount, the messages shoulkd stay on your phone...

I do not have any POP emails anymore, so I cannot comment on those...
  8. gatewayad

gatewayad New Member

I will give that a try.... Thanks
  9. ffeingol

ffeingol New Member

We can do IMAP with our mailboxes so I'm assuming that will be pretty quick. I'm a 'today theme' guy. So far I have not found anything Droid that will give me a similar list of emails (without having to open something). This looks perfect (Larva Labs - Software for Android platform) but it's a prototype not a product.
  10. JimMariner

JimMariner New Member

:byestorm: Yo !!! Vito !!! Yeah, Welcome to, Eh, Ah, DroidForums !!! :byestorm:

You find yourself in good company here, Many, Many ex BB Storm owners are now enjoying a phone that is everything we had hoped the Storm should have been last year when it came out. This thing is hot right out of the gate. I have never once, since I picked mine up, ever thought of bringing it back to VZW.

We Hope you enjoy your time in the Forums ! Great to Have Ya Here !
  11. ffeingol

ffeingol New Member

Mail may be the issue. I'm hearing up to 15 minutes for mail to show up (non-gmail). That is a deal breaker.

I have a dummy mailbox setup (just for testing). Right now my berry is watching the mailbox (IMAP IDLE) and it takes about 45 seconds to show up. I'll go to a VZW store and setup my dummy mailbox to see how long it takes to show up.
  12. gatewayad

gatewayad New Member

Not really minding the fact that i have to push it, but when at work i'm out of my office a lot without shutting down outlook they wont push. Kinda miss that a bunch, but i'm sure i'll get over it
  13. Hector1959

Hector1959 New Member

Storm vs Droid

I also too came from Storm and is like day and night. I had lost of problems with my Storm and received 4 replacements in a 6 month time frame. With the Droid my phone has not crashed once and everyone likes it, but most important I like the phone much better that the Storm. Not sure what Verizon is coming out by December and that is the only reason why I may take the phone back. Am afraid verizon will come out with Passion and it may be a better phone. Any takes on that one???

Hector
  14. BillTheCat

BillTheCat New Member

I'm sitting here staring down at my BB Storm on my desk right now. By the time I return to work tonight, I should be staring at my Droid instead.

I like the Storm, and the 5.0 software update made some very welcome improvements, but I see a world of potential in the Droid that just made me wet with anticipation.