Blackberry Messenger App??

yungster12

Reaction score
What can I use to get all my BB people to stop using BBM and use something that the droid will support? Google talk is close but doesn't allow multiple users to chat in groups.... :icon_evil:

This is the only thing I'm not excited about with droid!! :mad:

Help ease my pain!!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hmm.. not sure right off.. if i come across something, i'll let you know.

welcome to the forums!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What can I use to get all my BB people to stop using BBM and use something that the droid will support? Google talk is close but doesn't allow multiple users to chat in groups.... :icon_evil:

Help ease my pain!!

With the new BB Messenger there is no messenger like it. I will miss that function too. You can try google talk or MSN messenger but you'll find they aren't the same. I think after a while my friends will get used to google talk and msn :icon_ lala:

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G

Help ease my pain!!

With the new BB Messenger there is no messenger like it. I will miss that function too. You can try google talk or MSN messenger but you'll find they aren't the same. I think after a while my friends will get used to google talk and msn :icon_ lala:

Not like they will much choice, eh!! If they still want to be your friend :p

OP
Y

yungster12

Reaction score
hmm.. not sure right off.. if i come across something, i'll let you know.

welcome to the forums!

Sounds like a plan. I'm going to get the phone and hold out hope that the google boys will hook it up and unite us all with software we love!!!

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
They do seem to be on the right track so far from what we have heard about the Droid. Aside from losing BBM, I doubt if I will miss much else from my Storm.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They do seem to be on the right track so far from what we have heard about the Droid. Aside from losing BBM, I doubt if I will miss much else from my Storm.

you'll miss the battery pulls too :icon_ banana:

J

JohnDroid

Actually, I think Google will be able to get a "Wave" client for Android/Droid and that will be the new even hotter ticket.

I'd give it 6 months and Wave needs to leave beta.

fonix

Reaction score
I feel bad about this too...I got a bunch of my friends to switch to Blackberrys and we've been using BB Messenger for a while...now I want a DROID and I'm leaving them behind.

But I have to...the DROID is sick!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel bad about this too...I got a bunch of my friends to switch to Blackberrys and we've been using BB Messenger for a while...now I want a DROID and I'm leaving them behind.

I underastand completely. Welcome to the forum :welcome:. I hope you'll find your time here useful and comfortable.

J

JohnDroid

Let's wait and see about Google Wave on the Droid platform and then see if that puts BBM to shame :)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised, everything else about android is putting BB to shame, why not the messenger.

ToddP0530

Reaction score
Wow. Can't wait for the wave on my Droid. ... Like many others, I will miss BBM. I'm losing my wife as a BBM contact and we communicate that way throughout the day while working. Back to SMS ... or the wave

dean.collins

Reaction score
XMPP-Android

Help ease my pain!!

If you run the entire platform for your company check out XMPP as a messaging platform - there are a number of Android clients for XMPP

OP
Y

yungster12

Reaction score

Help ease my pain!!

If you run the entire platform for your company check out XMPP as a messaging platform - there are a number of Android clients for XMPP

By BBM people I mean my wife and friends....not running the company platform unfortunately. :mad: