Blackberry Junkie turned Droid 2...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by aggie2009, Aug 30, 2010.

1. aggie2009

aggie2009 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I just converted to the Droid 2 from a long Blackberry lineage. I was scared at first...I knew the droid would be a great system but I was still hesitant. This past year I have converted blackberry and iPhone users, but couldn't make the switch myself. I finally did my early upgrade on the Droid 2. I wanted the qwerty keyboard. I use the keyboard most of the time. It is a little hard to push the keys compared to the bb's. I was upset the past couple of days with the phone due to battery life. I learned that you can purchase an extended battery that stays alive all day with great usage. I also didn't like how everything is always running. I downloaded task killer for that. I also hated how the phone locked and screen timed out every time I looked away from the phone. I downloaded Screebl and it seems to be doing the job! The one thing I HATE is a phone that doesn't react instantaneously to my actions. I am an engineer and can't accept a slow phone! I'll probably give myself the next 26 days to evaluate the phone before going back to the blackberry. I typically don't care for the "fun" stuff on a phone, but the droid does have a decent email push system and great browser. I'm still trying to figure out the social networking situation. I only do Facebook. It is annoying getting the emails in my inbox, having the fbook app notifications pushed and seeing stuff on the social networking app. duplicate! anyways, I love phones and love phone forums! I can't wait to get the most out of my droid! dancedroid

2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    :welcome: to the forum aggie. Sorry to hear you're having problems. I don't have the droid2 so I can't tell you if what you describe is typical. I've seen a lot of ppl raving how fast the d2 is so I'm thinking you might have a lemon. Hopefully someone can give you some better insight if you post in the Droid2 forum.