Blackberry calendar transferring to Droid

bawatkins

Reaction score
My calendar for my Blackberry is downloaded on my computer using BB Desktop Manager. Can I transfer my calendar using that program to my Droid? If not what do I do?
Also, are there any themes that put the calendar on the main page with that day's appts on the main screen like the BB?

ujoint68

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I just missed my Moms Birthday by over a week because I have gotten Lazy and depended on my Storm Calander for everything. Anyone out there know how to transfer???

OP
B

bawatkins

Reaction score
You can't transfer it. I set up a gmail email acct and use their calendar with a widget on my home screen and it sends me a daily email reminder of the agenda for the day and it shows the next scheduled activity on the widget on my home screen. Just a hassle to trsf everything over.

ChristieLee

Reaction score
I know this is a little late, but just got my droid and I had the same problem. Go to the blackberry apps store, or gmail, and there's a gmail sync app. Use it to sync your blackberry to gmail, then the droid will sync to the gmail. I had to go in a reset some of the reminders, but other than that it worked fine.

mgxmagic

Reaction score
Here's how I transferred all my Blackberry Torch 9800's calendar items (1245 of them) to my new Samsung Galaxy S4

1. Download iCalendar Lite from Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
2. Create new (local) calendar, and save as 'yourcal.ics'
3. Open Blackberry Desktop Software (update software, and backup all device data)
4. Click 'Organizer' button
5. Click 'Calendar' box, then 'Configure'
6. Sync Direction: One way to you computer only; Sync: All calendar entries
7. Calendar account: Windows Calendar; configure.... locate 'yourcal.ics'
8. Click 'Sync Organizer' at lower right of BDS window
9. If you don't already have an @hotmail.com address, I suggest you create one for the transfer purpose. You can remove the account later on - it's only to facilitate the transfer. I haven't tried doing this with a Google account, but if it ain't broke, don't fix.
10. Once in Hotmail.com, go to Calendar and click on 'Import' at top of screen
11. Choose new or existing calendar, locate 'yourcal.ics' and import calendar.

Hope this works for you as well as it worked for me!