Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
meh....BlackBerry had its time in the sun but those days are long over. I just don't see them ever being a significant player again.
But that's just me....if anyone could prove me wrong it would be BlackBerry.
Honestly I'm surprised Windows devices still haven't gained all that much traction after all these years.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I could see this getting a little buzz depending on how they market it.

If BB team up with VZW and put a nice catchy theme such as, BB reborn for the hardcore of business users, everything you liked about BB with a larger app selection and the entertainment of NFL Mobile. I can see them grabbing people ....not the people that read this forum but they will get some nibbles.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I agree, but they will need much more than a few "nibbles" to keep from finally going under.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It looks like a great device....but honestly I HATED typing on a BB when I had one (always used my laptop if at all possible). With the core integrated "swype" keyboards on Android now, it's easier AND faster.

Plus I think voice typing will be more and more common and practical (just have to further reduce the lag to launch voice, and record/interpret it).

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It looks like a great device....but honestly I HATED typing on a BB when I had one (always used my laptop if at all possible). With the core integrated "swype" keyboards on Android now, it's easier AND faster.

Plus I think voice typing will be more and more common and practical (just have to further reduce the lag to launch voice, and record/interpret it).

You make a great point, more people are use to using swype that the qwerty pecking even on a physical kb will feel archaic. With the keys having to be so close together I almost feel like you will not gain as much in accuracy with the bb physical kb as the on screen. Maybe if it was a slight out landscape qwerty (ie Droid) it would make a difference.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe if it was a slight out landscape qwerty (ie Droid) it would make a difference.

Yeah, that would have made more sense. I always found it difficult to type accurately/fast with my thumbs on those BB's. I saw some people that could fly on them, but it's not a skill I'm interested in acquiring.

Instead of the attachable keyboard/cases on tablets, I'd love to see an OG Droid-style slider on a tablet - would be a nice, large and sturdy keyboard that's there when you want it and out of the way when you don't.

OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this could get popular enough for root... it's got decent specs and you wouldn't ever have to use the keyboard

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You make a great point, more people are use to using swype that the qwerty pecking even on a physical kb will feel archaic. With the keys having to be so close together I almost feel like you will not gain as much in accuracy with the bb physical kb as the on screen. Maybe if it was a slight out landscape qwerty (ie Droid) it would make a difference.
My thumbs covered a minimum of 4 keys on my lg Env. It was a nightmare to use. Gawd I hated using the qwerty on that thing and can't imagine even trying on a BlackBerry like the old Bold or similar.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this could get popular enough for root... it's got decent specs and you wouldn't ever have to use the keyboard
Yeah, maybe a few years ago but now when you have the options of nexus devices that work on Verizon, moto pure that work on Verizon, one plus devices, and international phones I can not see the bb getting much dev support. It may get some for nostalgia purposes but not much and with BB being big on security you can expect that device to be locked down like Ft. Knox, to which with the devices that are out now devs are least likely to waste a lot of time trying to crack it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6
OP
liftedplane

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe a few years ago but now when you have the options of nexus devices that work on Verizon, moto pure that work on Verizon, one plus devices, and international phones I can not see the bb getting much dev support. It may get some for nostalgia purposes but not much and with BB being big on security you can expect that device to be locked down like Ft. Knox, to which with the devices that are out now devs are least likely to waste a lot of time trying to crack it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
bb may be big in security but I remember constantly installing leaked updates on my tour and storm 2. the moto pure? I'm hoping it's unlocked or can be unlocked. that's part of why I never upgraded from the note 2. I refuse to lose root.

it's possible blackberry could become a contender in the business phone market again while using android instead of their own os. I mean look at what's happened to Motorola.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine they'd get enough people to buy it to pay for the marketing alone, not to mention the manufacture of the device
Sliders are passe, and like MBMark mentioned, that's awfully small, even if free I'd not take it, I'd pay for Apple before... ;)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the moto pure? I'm hoping it's unlocked or can be unlocked.

I have a strong feeling it will be, as it is the mirror image of the Nexus 6 (eh slightly smaller brother to be exact).

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
My thumbs covered a minimum of 4 keys on my lg Env. It was a nightmare to use. Gawd I hated using the qwerty on that thing and can't imagine even trying on a BlackBerry like the old Bold or similar.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
I LOVED my env2 phone... Have to say it's at the top of my favorite ever if not the top.... I still have it

Note 4tified