Black Status/Notifications Bar

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by ecsnead69, May 28, 2010.

1. ecsnead69

ecsnead69 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I would like a simple way to get a completely black/dark status bar. I am currently running a black glass theme but it has a gray box in the status bar constantly, even during notifications. I don't really like that. I need something fairly simple because I work 12 hour shifts and I only get one to two days off a week. I know that there are multiple threads about this, but that have four different way to do five different things listed??? I have A LOT of other things to do and just want a download, install, enjoy method... thsnks a lot for any help....
  2. stanrc

stanrc New Member

What ROM are you currently using if any?

If you look at the blackmod theme in my sig, I am working on updating that to work with newest CM and updated metamorph.
  3. ecsnead69

Sorry, I didn't list that... I actually looked at yours and it really didn't say anything about my rom... I am on Pete's stock 2.1 root... ese81. I really like yours but the threads I read never mentioned ese81, only BB 0.9. If you have updated or think it will work, that would be great!
  4. stanrc

stanrc New Member

I'm not sure how much would need to be changed for that. Do you have the newest spareparts on your droid? If so that makes it a lot easier because you can edit the text color in the notification bar very easily.

I am updating it for new metamorph now and then you can give it a shot, but i please nandroid first as I'm unable to test this.
  5. ecsnead69

I checked out your site and I would like to try the transparent mod and blackmod... No, I don't have spare parts, where would I get that and is there a link for some instructions somewhere? The big problem with what I have is that the upper bars are black BUT, the clock text is still black. To get around that the dev put a gray box behind the clock and it is ALWAYS there, even when notifications scroll and it is just annoying and not what I want. I use clockwork and have had to use it several times, don't worry about the backup issue!!!! Thanks for your help!!
  6. stanrc

stanrc New Member

Well I'm not quite sure if spare parts can just be installed or if it needs to be built into the ROM. But if you aren't able to modify the text colors on your own then my theme won't be of much help.

If you do find a way to modify the text color then let me know and I will send you the theme to modify the notification bar.
  7. ecsnead69

I am pretty sure spare parts is included in most peoples custom roms correct? well thanks, I am going to work on it. I looked into xultimate but I just don't have the time for all that. Thanks for the help! I did read that your transparent MIGHT work for me, so I may give that a try later, thanks again!!!!
  8. ecsnead69

In your BlackMod, the text and stuff isn't white after you apply the MM? You still have to do something else??
  9. stanrc

stanrc New Member

Well the old way of making the text white was modifying the services.jar file and a few xmls in framework-res, which those files vary depending on the version you are using. The new way is to use spareparts to make those changes directly on the phone.
  10. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

color

depending on your rom there is a few MM's that will do it for you. I run BBv1.0 and now BBv1.1 with smoked glass just to change the bar to black for me, then I run my personalized apps to get rid of the smoked glass look on most of them. Try this just get the smoked glass addon for your BB then from there you can use MM to change colors heres a link to alot of great info I gather'd when I was learning to do all this as well.

Not trying to steal anyone's thread just trying to help out since I went through all this myself trying to pretty much do the samething, but in doing all this I learned alot. Do alot of reading before you start and you should be good. I try to be around alot so you can msg me if you need help, I'll try to help but like I said do some reading before you try any yourself.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/45779-android-theme-links.html

see mine was white for a while before I found out that I should use the older MM to apply this to make it green
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: May 29, 2010
  11. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Stock root isn't deodexed and thus makes modifiying the services.jar file impossible.
  12. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

true, plus you can easily modify the framework to whatever blacks you want, but youll run into issues with notification text what is programmed to be black - youll get back on black.
  13. thebowers

I also just checked and the spare part off of the Market does not change text color. I believe that is something that Koush has put into CM.
  14. ecsnead69

Thanks for all the help guys. Yeah, I found out that I need a deodexed ROM to change text color. I am working on getting one now but the one I downloaded took away all my SU permissions so I am still working that out. Do any of you know a good deodexed rom? I looked at xultimate but I didn't find a really good set of instructions so I don't really know how to use it.... thanks!
  15. thebowers

Anything on Rom Manager would do.
  16. ecsnead69

Unfortunately, that is where I got the one that took away all my permissions.... I still had su ninja but when I selected it, I had no green + signs showing my program permissions. I needed my phone so I just restored to my previous rom and haven't tried again...