Black Status Bar: I know ive already posted a thread but is there one without rooting

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by iwantadroid, Dec 16, 2009.

1. iwantadroid

iwantadroid New Member

I don't want to root my phone and I'm just wondering if they are going to allow us to change the color of the status bar in the next OTA update?

So that I don't have to root my droid
  2. airborne3e9

airborne3e9 New Member

Second that! That wld def b cool.
  3. iSecks

iSecks New Member

Most likely [99.9999999999% sure] they wont allow you to. To allow you to change the color would require a rewrite of the status bar code so that it uses something other than images. That'd be way too much work. And allowing you to change the actual images isn't good because they might accidentally open a hole for hackers/modders to exploit. [Which would be good for us, but possibly bad for them]
  4. Silverwing

Silverwing New Member

I can't quite make out if you are kidding or not. For one, they could easily allow you to pick another image for the status bar without any major changes to the code - which would not be a lot of work. Allowing you to change the actual images would not really open a hole for "hackers/modders to exploit." I think you have been playing too many video games, this is an open source platform that has been rooted - people can do a lot and I am pretty sure this issue is the least of their worries. With all that said, rooting the phone, is not an illegal exploit - it just voids warranty because they don't wanna fix all the phones, that people who don't know what they are doing brick.
  5. ericcsong

ericcsong New Member

6. StupidGenius

StupidGenius Member

7. ericcsong

ericcsong New Member

my bad, I read that wrong!