Black Spots Under Screen

jacobin

Reaction score
It appears that many people have the exact same problem. The easiest way I can describe how you can replicate the issue it by Googling “black screen” on Google images and then clicking one of the pictures so that your screen is completely black, but is still turned on. Then go to a dark room, look at the screen, wait for your eyes to adjust and then see if you have small spots or lines all over the screen.

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/9030b1a2d9

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Is there a question here somewhere? The black spots are just part of having the type of screen the Razr does. You don't see them all the time, they have never really bothered me.

cece5702

Reaction score
What black spots? Under screen?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
I've seen the black screen when I was watching Netflix & the scene turned black. I don't see it as an issue though, how long do people look at black screens?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

Eccles227

Reaction score
It's common

Many people have this issue with their razr and the Maxx too. I noticed it on mine but after I figured out I see it like .5% of the day it didn't bother me. I've had worse issues, much worse then this. The screen, other then that, is beautiful. Don't sweat it, as long as you only see them when the screen is dimmed down which is rare for me, even when watching movies, a replacement is futile, trust me, they all have the issue.

Reaction score
Yea i notice the black spots when my phone is powered off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cbreze

Reaction score
I've never seen the black spots, but I cannot remember using my phone with a black image downloaded onto it and then sit in a dark room waiting for my eyes to adjust to check. Seems a non-issue to me. Not ragging on you OP, just saying that since this issue has been mentioned in so many threads I wonder why people worry about it so much. I probably have the spots, just never tried the tricks to see them. Don't care, no phone is perfect, but the maxx comes closer than any I've ever had. Just enjoy! Get out and get some fresh springtime air. Stay out of dark rooms.:biggrin:

Sandlotje

Reaction score
Yes, I noticed this last night for the first time after having my phone for 5 days. It was in a pitch black environment where the only light was coming from the screen. Doesn't bother me as long as it does not interupt the picture when I need it and as long as it is a condition that does not worsen over time, then I don't care. Phones have flaws...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree for the way I use my phone its almost a non issue. I havent seen it in months. At the same time ppl that use their phones at night, in bed at night, etc. it can be. Which explains why I havent seen it in months....I rarely use my phone in the bedroom now.

Like it was already mentioned, its just a by product of this type of screen. G Nex has the same issues. Its possible to find one with no spots or very lil... the G Nex I had either didnt have it or had it less than my RAZR. I seen a post where someone's RAZR was worse than mine...so I consider myself lucky. I also seen a post where their RAZR spots were better than mine.

I posted this in a G Nex post: I wouldnt worry about it if the phone is working fine everywhere else. You could wind up with other issues if you exchange it.

cece5702

Reaction score
I've never seen the black spots, but I cannot remember using my phone with a black image downloaded onto it and then sit in a dark room waiting for my eyes to adjust to check. Seems a non-issue to me. Not ragging on you OP, just saying that since this issue has been mentioned in so many threads I wonder why people worry about it so much. I probably have the spots, just never tried the tricks to see them. Don't care, no phone is perfect, but the maxx comes closer than any I've ever had. Just enjoy! Get out and get some fresh springtime air. Stay out of dark rooms.:biggrin:

Lol!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX