Black Spots Under Glass

arichmond20

Reaction score
I have two black spots under the glass on the touch screen. I have noticed that when my phone gets hot they move around. I did not drop my phone or get it wet. I left it on the charger all weekend (USB to computer) when I came to get it, there was a big black spot in the center of the screen. Then it turned into two spots one kinda see through. Then a week later I only had one spot. Now I have two again they have a yellow glow around them.

I have attached a picture.

Any ideas I have no warranty or insurance. This is a DROID X

cdroidx33dig

Reaction score
the same exact thing happened to me about 2 weeks ago. they started of as little single pixel lines then mutated over about a week into dots and then they got bigger. right now i have 0ne giant one and 3 other littler ones

OP
A

arichmond20

Reaction score
Ghrrrr

So you havn't been able to fix it. They sould replace the phone for this. It is obviously a manufacturer defect. I dont care if my warranty is up.

fmckinnon

Reaction score
My wife's DroidX has the exact issue - her's is in the top right corner.
Both Verizon and Motorola are digging in, insisting 100% that this is a pressure issue that is "physical damage" and not covered by warranty.

I've spent the last two hours going back and forth w/ Motorola and Verizon, and it's all nonsense. They refuse to replace the phone.

Motorola is willing to have us mail it to them for 2-3 weeks to be repaired, but they say if "we determine it's pressure damage it's not a warranty repair and we'll send it back to you unrepaired".

In our case, my wife is 100% positive she did not drop the phone or put undue pressure on it ... it was fine, and she noticed it while shooting a little video of the kids.

I'm extremely disappointed in Verizon and Motorola for not immediately owning up to what is obviously a serious screen defect.

Just google "motorola black dot on screen" and you'll see how this issue is running rampart.