1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Black Spots Under Glass

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by arichmond20, Jun 1, 2011.

1. arichmond20

arichmond20 New Member

I have two black spots under the glass on the touch screen. I have noticed that when my phone gets hot they move around. I did not drop my phone or get it wet. I left it on the charger all weekend (USB to computer) when I came to get it, there was a big black spot in the center of the screen. Then it turned into two spots one kinda see through. Then a week later I only had one spot. Now I have two again they have a yellow glow around them.

I have attached a picture.

Any ideas I have no warranty or insurance. This is a DROID X
  2. cdroidx33dig

cdroidx33dig New Member

the same exact thing happened to me about 2 weeks ago. they started of as little single pixel lines then mutated over about a week into dots and then they got bigger. right now i have 0ne giant one and 3 other littler ones
  3. arichmond20

arichmond20 New Member

Ghrrrr

So you havn't been able to fix it. They sould replace the phone for this. It is obviously a manufacturer defect. I dont care if my warranty is up.
  4. fmckinnon

fmckinnon New Member

My wife's DroidX has the exact issue - her's is in the top right corner.
    Both Verizon and Motorola are digging in, insisting 100% that this is a pressure issue that is "physical damage" and not covered by warranty.

I've spent the last two hours going back and forth w/ Motorola and Verizon, and it's all nonsense. They refuse to replace the phone.

Motorola is willing to have us mail it to them for 2-3 weeks to be repaired, but they say if "we determine it's pressure damage it's not a warranty repair and we'll send it back to you unrepaired".

In our case, my wife is 100% positive she did not drop the phone or put undue pressure on it ... it was fine, and she noticed it while shooting a little video of the kids.

I'm extremely disappointed in Verizon and Motorola for not immediately owning up to what is obviously a serious screen defect.

Just google "motorola black dot on screen" and you'll see how this issue is running rampart.
Search tags for this page
black dots on my droidx screen
black spot in my touch screen
black spot on phone screen
black spot on screen

black spots on droid x screen

droid x screen spot defect
droid x2 black spots
dropped phone black spots

how to fix black spot on phone screen

how to fix black spots on phone screen

how to fix black spots on the screen of a motorola phone