1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Black spots on screen

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by ThumperJrdn, Jan 7, 2012.

1. ThumperJrdn

ThumperJrdn New Member

Don't know if this issue has been addressed on here or not, but I need some confirmation. I have my first Razr, and when the screen is displaying a totally black image, and in a dark room, I can see several scattered black dots about on the screen. I do not see them affecting normal use, HOWEVER, one of the dots towards the middle of the screen does make a white image appear to have a very faded blue dot. According to my current research, the kind of screen made for the Razrs contain this type of error in manufacturing. Is this true? Do I need to return for an exchange? Are these really that normal and there is nothing I can do about it? Plus, is the gorilla glass truly scratch resistant for most thing, or should I put a screen protector on it?
  2. mpert

mpert New Member

I have the same issue as well. They are like blotchy spots that can only be seen when the screen is lit up black.
  3. Dave315

Dave315 New Member

It is quite common. If it is too annoying, you can see if Verizon will trade you a new Razr for your current one. It is apparently a defect in the AMOLED technology used for the display. Verizon is aware of it but won't do much about it (other than swap phones if you raise a big enough stink).

As for a screen protector, while Gorilla Glass is strong, a screen protector will give it extra protection. If you decide you don't like them because you think they detract from your display, at least you can make a rational choice after checking the protectors out.
  4. JoseCruz

JoseCruz New Member

I have also had this problem, but I thought I would look into it before trading in for a new one
Search tags for this page
android black dots
black dots on screen of droid?

dark spot on screen phone

dark spots on droid razr screen
droid razr dark spots on screen when lit
droid x black spots on screen
how. to remove black spots phone screen
is black spot common to motorola droid x android verizon cel

motorola black dot on screen

motorola black dots on screen
motorola droid xtreme has a black dot on screen