Black spots on screen

DallasBoy

Reaction score
About a month ago I noticed these 2 black spots on my screen..my screen isn't cracked but its really annoying because they block the view of whatevrs underneath..anyone know what caused this??

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ThumperJrdn

Reaction score
Don't know if this issue has been addressed on here or not, but I need some confirmation. I have my first Razr, and when the screen is displaying a totally black image, and in a dark room, I can see several scattered black dots about on the screen. I do not see them affecting normal use, HOWEVER, one of the dots towards the middle of the screen does make a white image appear to have a very faded blue dot. According to my current research, the kind of screen made for the Razrs contain this type of error in manufacturing. Is this true? Do I need to return for an exchange? Are these really that normal and there is nothing I can do about it? Plus, is the gorilla glass truly scratch resistant for most thing, or should I put a screen protector on it?

mpert

Reaction score
I have the same issue as well. They are like blotchy spots that can only be seen when the screen is lit up black.

Dave315

Reaction score
Don't know if this issue has been addressed on here or not, but I need some confirmation. I have my first Razr, and when the screen is displaying a totally black image, and in a dark room, I can see several scattered black dots about on the screen. I do not see them affecting normal use, HOWEVER, one of the dots towards the middle of the screen does make a white image appear to have a very faded blue dot. According to my current research, the kind of screen made for the Razrs contain this type of error in manufacturing. Is this true? Do I need to return for an exchange? Are these really that normal and there is nothing I can do about it? Plus, is the gorilla glass truly scratch resistant for most thing, or should I put a screen protector on it?
It is quite common. If it is too annoying, you can see if Verizon will trade you a new Razr for your current one. It is apparently a defect in the AMOLED technology used for the display. Verizon is aware of it but won't do much about it (other than swap phones if you raise a big enough stink).

As for a screen protector, while Gorilla Glass is strong, a screen protector will give it extra protection. If you decide you don't like them because you think they detract from your display, at least you can make a rational choice after checking the protectors out.

JoseCruz

Reaction score
I have also had this problem, but I thought I would look into it before trading in for a new one

Reaction score
I have searched the forum for this issue and couldn't find anything so I applogize if this has already been covered. I just noticed tonight on my phone that I have a spot on my screen that has a bunch of tiny black spots. It almost looks like a water spot under the glass but it can't be because it has never been wet before. Has anyone seen this before?

amishdude01

Reaction score
I had this exact problem before. Do you overclock or have you exposed your X to high temps recently? I took my phone to verizon and they gave me a new one for free. They said they had no idea what it was. I firmly believe it was due to heat. At first, it was just a few specs of black pixels that would appear then go away.. eventually they spread around my phone and ended up being 3 large black circles near the top middle of the screen.

Reaction score
No I don't overclock my phone. The funny things is that when I work up this morning they were gone so I have no idea what the heck happened but they are gone so I am happy.

ReverendOD

Reaction score
I only notice them on dark images, videos,ect... But there are a bunch of blotches that are darker than the rest of the screen. Any idea what it from? Phone is only 2 months old, no water damage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
This is a known issue with the RAZR.

Motorola won't swap it out because it's a consequence of manufacturing and doesn't impact use.

It's just kinda ugly when the screen is showing blacks.

bikoe2

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I assumed that it was due to my screen protector. Do you have a screen protector on yours?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It is actually normal. Some Razr's have more than others. It has something to do with the adhesive they use to attach the inner glass to the outer glass (or something along those lines).