Black Screen Problem

ZosoZeppelin

Reaction score
I am currently experiencing something that some might call the Black Screen of Death. Yesterday, after about an hour of skiing I went inside to warm up and check my phone. The phone was in a breast pocket and was not at all exposed to the snow. My Droid Razr Maxx also did not display anything while the function keys and notification LED are still working as normal.

I was able to power down the phone using the Power and Volume Down buttons. Its been hours since the black screen has occurred and I'm desperately trying to find a solution. I've tried to hold the both volume buttons and the power buttons simultaneously but was not able to see any black and white menu. I have not been able to see any image on the screen during this time. The phone was charged for a large amount of time between yesterday and today. The screen is not responding to any touch as far as i can see because I sense no haptic feedback.

I have yet to visit a Verizon store because I am currently away from my home on vacation. I am seeking this forum of vast knowledge to see if someone out there has a possible solution to my particular issue. I really don't want to have to go through the process of getting a new phone, but if there is nothing I can do to fix it I will have to. Thanks in advance for helping me out.