Black screen concern

connorandrew

Reaction score
Is it truly common to see these black blotches almost like splattered paint on a black screen? I bought the maxx yesterday and downloaded the light bleed test from market. In a dark room with an all black screen you can see it. I read up on the original and apparently it's quite common with this particular screen type. Any reassurance would be appreciated.

Connor

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
google this issue. it's pretty common on moto razr's, however it's not common on the screen type. samsungs have been using amoleds for years without this complaint.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Is it truly common to see these black blotches almost like splattered paint on a black screen? I bought the maxx yesterday and downloaded the light bleed test from market. In a dark room with an all black screen you can see it. I read up on the original and apparently it's quite common with this particular screen type. Any reassurance would be appreciated.

Connor

It's a characteristic of the manufacturing processes in OLED displays and is nothing to be concerned about. You won't see the blotches in 99% of the time you use the phone. It can sometimes be seen which watching a movie during very dark scenes but for the most part it is a non-issue.

Zandar

Reaction score
google this issue. it's pretty common on moto razr's, however it's not common on the screen type. samsungs have been using amoleds for years without this complaint.

Then why are there threads on XDA dedicated to this issue for Galaxy S2s and Galaxy Nexuses?

It's a byproduct of the current, sAMOLED screen manufacture process. That said, it's only an "issue" when you're in a completely dark room with an all black screen on lowest brightness. If that's a common usage scenario for you, then this is a problem. If you're a normal person, non-issue.

Sliced from my RAZR

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Then why are there threads on XDA dedicated to this issue for Galaxy S2s and Galaxy Nexuses?

It's a byproduct of the current, sAMOLED screen manufacture process. That said, it's only an "issue" when you're in a completely dark room with an all black screen on lowest brightness. If that's a common usage scenario for you, then this is a problem. If you're a normal person, non-issue.

Sliced from my RAZR

"...if you're a normal person..." Gotta laugh at that one.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
"...if you're a normal person..." Gotta laugh at that one.

Not sure if anyone of us is normal.

I'm worried about a clear film on the back of my phone, which I'd covered by a case.

The other day at Verizon I saw a guy hold his new phone up to his eyes (about 2-3 inches away), looking for some imaginary defect.

Yep we're all a little off plumb. :confused:

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

Reaction score

Sliced from my RAZR

couldn't tell ya. i'm on 4 different forums, and haven't seen a single thread on that issue for any phone but the razr.

not on xda, and don't read it very often.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Good news it was a film and peeled away cleanly now I need to stick it somewhere. You know the bar codes in the back.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

Eccles227

Reaction score
It is I believe.

I have the same issue but other then those dark screens I never notice the spots so until i start to notice them it isn't worth the return if that's the only issue. I had extremely bad luck with 2 Rezounds before this so I'm happy to take a few blothes on a dark screen. It is something with the specific glue they used for the screen type. I'm pretty sure almost all have it to some degreee. Some just can't see it or aren't aware of it. I wouldn't stress too much over it. A replacement, IMO, seems futile if the rest of the phone functions fine. :happy3: