black screen after trying to go back to stock, help please

Galindo62

Reaction score

jaw4bama

Reaction score
Yea I would pull the battery and reboot in to recovery. Did you make a backup? If you did I would restore and try again.

OP
Galindo62

Galindo62

Reaction score
Yea I would pull the battery and reboot in to recovery. Did you make a backup? If you did I would restore and try again.

yes im sure i made a back up of some sort some time ago....

but still not sure what to do in the recovery screen...

jaw4bama

Reaction score
Choose the restore option in the menu and choose the latest backup, after it is finished- reboot

OP
Galindo62

Galindo62

Reaction score
Choose the restore option in the menu and choose the latest backup, after it is finished- reboot

hmmm well since i did that whole unroot and back to stock thing, i have the stock recovery system..... only thing i can do is

reboot system
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partion

i really hope i dont have to wipe my phone....but im afraid its the only choice?
i guess i should try to apply the update again?

edit: tried to apply the update zip and same thing is happening :(

Last edited:

jaw4bama

Reaction score
lol oh yea your not rooted anymore, my fault. Well maybe someone else can give you some help. It has been so long since I have been "non-rooted" that I can even remember what the stock recovery looks like. Sorry dude

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

hmmm well since i did that whole unroot and back to stock thing, i have the stock recovery system..... only thing i can do is

reboot system
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partion

i really hope i dont have to wipe my phone....but im afraid its the only choice?

Wipe data and cache. Its not as bad as you might think, so much is tied to your google account you really don't lose much.

OP
Galindo62

Galindo62

Reaction score
lol oh yea your not rooted anymore, my fault. Well maybe someone else can give you some help. It has been so long since I have been "non-rooted" that I can even remember what the stock recovery looks like. Sorry dude
lol still, thanks for the time bro.

reboot system
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partion

Wipe data and cache. Its not as bad as you might think, so much is tied to your google account you really don't lose much.

did this. worked.
actually not bad at all, didnt delete stuff from my sd card either. thanks a thousand.