Black Razr vs White Razr

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Went to the Verizon store yesterday and ended up speaking with a sales rep. I was concerned about my volume rocker going out on me and of course there's nothing they could do about it. Claims him anyways, I'm sure I could find a loop hole. To my topic I asked him if my phone happened to mess up and i paid $100 fee could I get the white razr? He said no I'd have to get the same one. I said why they are the same phones. He replied nope the white razr has been having issues because it uses a slightly different software. I was like really I didn't know that. Of course he's only a sales rep but I wanted to ask you guys because I actually trust you more lol. Has anyone heard of the white razr using a slightly different software from the black?

Reaction score
Went to the Verizon store yesterday and ended up speaking with a sales rep. I was concerned about my volume rocker going out on me and of course there's nothing they could do about it. Claims him anyways, I'm sure I could find a loop hole. To my topic I asked him if my phone happened to mess up and i paid $100 fee could I get the white razr? He said no I'd have to get the same one. I said why they are the same phones. He replied nope the white razr has been having issues because it uses a slightly different software. I was like really I didn't know that. Of course he's only a sales rep but I wanted to ask you guys because I actually trust you more lol. Has anyone heard of the white razr using a slightly different software from the black?

He's full of it!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Totally untrue. Same software as the black, purple and blue one :)

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yeah, the software and internal hardware are identical, regardless of outer color. He was right in that you're not likely to get a white one as a replacement (I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it's not likely), but he's way off on the software.

jch81

Reaction score
the different software he is referring to is that white plastic.:biggrin:

"this ones white this ones black=different software":biggrin:

Reaction score
I got a white one as a replacement. Was told that I could have any color in stock. As a matter of fact, I was asked what color I wanted.

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
MyEntityRemains said:
I got a white one as a replacement. Was told that I could have any color in stock. As a matter of fact, I was asked what color I wanted.

Really now? I guess its a safe bet we know which store I will not be returning to :)

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
MyEntityRemains said:
Actually, did mine via *611

I think its pretty safe to say we know who I'm going to call.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Warranty center tried to force a black replacement on me for my white one, because they didn't have any whites in stock, when I told them if I wanted a black one I would have got the Maxx, magically they find several white ones in stock & remained in stock for the following warranty exchanges.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Reaction score
I truly believe it's all in who you talk to. There are nice ones and there are snippydippys.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I think its pretty safe to say we know who I'm going to call.

As everyone else said, not only are the various RAZR XT-912 phones identical except for color, but the RAZR MAXX (USVerizon) is also identical in software and hardware, other than the obvious larger battery and case and SIM/SD Card door to accommodate it. Along with slightly different color and different ear piece badge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.