1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Black paint?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by RW-1, Feb 27, 2010.

1. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Hey, getting tired of sharpies, any type of paint good for the bezel edge? Plan on using a fine brush to apply...
  2. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

id be interested as well.. sharpie just doesnt stay. let us know what you find.
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Somebody posted they used Harley Davidson touch up paint and that worked great.
  4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Posted this on 2/13/10:

Dropped my Droid on a Ceramic Tile Floor a little while ago. Luckily it landed on the front top right corner and made a nice little scratch/scrape. I had some Dupli-Color Universal Black (NG SF 100) 2 in 1 Scratch Touch Up. Used the built in brush with very little paint on it. All is good. It matches very, very well.

BTW, this is one tough phone. I dropped it from chest high (I was trying to slip in my shirt pocket) and it landed on what I think is the hardest floor on earth and it kept on ticking. This floor has successfully broken every other item dropped on it, except those made of steel, and now Droidite !!
  5. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Thanks! Sharpie's work great for matching, it just doesn't last though, too bad, plus you get some on your fingers :)

And believe me, I tried by applying and leaving it alone for as long as I could (should have done it at night and shut it off, but you know how our Droids get revenge upon us for those types of actions :icon_ devil:)

I suppose I'll try that as well, don't have anything at the new house right now, I searched my plastic model stuff, no paints or I'd try testors lat black on it.

I will give a tip for sharpie use in this case though, I take a piece of paper and place it in the crack between the bezel and screen, so you can rub the edge of the bezel good without getting it on the screen itself.

I'll likely use this method with the paintbrush as well, even though I plan on little paint on it when doing too.
Search tags for this page
black universal black ng sf 100
droid3 bezel gets scraped how to fix it
duplicolor ng sf 100 for infiniti black

ng sf 100

s3 repair bezel paint
where to buy touch up paint for droid