Black or Half Black Screen after Unlock - HELP!

[Ennis_D]

Reaction score
For the past few weeks I have been experiencing my Droid either having a complete Black screen or a half black screen after unlocking the phone. When its completely black, I am only able to lock and unlock the phone. When the screen is half black, I am able to see the home screen-wallpaper-access icons-etc but when I "click" say mobile banking, I am still only able to see half the screen. This happens if the phone is either closed or if I slide it open.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

If I need to take photos or explain more, please let me know. Looking for some help here.

TIA guys!

tbone73

Reaction score
[Ennis_D];800633 said:
For the past few weeks I have been experiencing my Droid either having a complete Black screen or a half black screen after unlocking the phone. When its completely black, I am only able to lock and unlock the phone. When the screen is half black, I am able to see the home screen-wallpaper-access icons-etc but when I "click" say mobile banking, I am still only able to see half the screen. This happens if the phone is either closed or if I slide it open.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

If I need to take photos or explain more, please let me know. Looking for some help here.

TIA guys!
I suspect water damage, if i'm wrong, reinsert SD card and install a fresh BBv04 from Bugless Beast .4

[ROM BETA] Bugless Beast V0.4 Android 2.2 FRF84B (Fully Deodexed) - Android Forums

Download and install Blue Energy Theme
Blue Energy 1.0.5.2 for FRF84B
(DEODEXED VERSION ONLY!!! READ NOTES BELOW)
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/49656-blue-energy-theme-froyo-android-2-2-a.html

and wipe data. If that does not work you may have to turn it ur phone to warranty and maybe get a Droid 2 replacement.

OP
E

[Ennis_D]

Reaction score
It was doing this before the Bugless was installed. That was my reason for rooting to see if it would cure the phone.

Not water damage. None of the "x" stickers have bled any and the phone is NEVER around water.

If I were to call Verizon, how would I go back to returning to stock? Rooted using EasyRoot btw.

tbone73

Reaction score
[Ennis_D];800693 said:
It was doing this before the Bugless was installed. That was my reason for rooting to see if it would cure the phone.

Not water damage. None of the "x" stickers have bled any and the phone is NEVER around water.

If I were to call Verizon, how would I go back to returning to stock? Rooted using EasyRoot btw.
I thought Easy root allowed you to unroot? You can also use ROM manager and install a stock ROM. I've heard about allot of people having their phones replaced even though their phone was rooted when they took it in.

OP
E

[Ennis_D]

Reaction score
It does. Just wasnt sure if simply "clicking" Unroot if it would return the phone back to stock.

Using ROM manager (which I am using) I would go through and do "Stock Images" to return the phone back to the stock OS? Then through EasyRoot do "Unroot", or am I way off and making it too easy?

lockman

Reaction score
My phone does the same thing from time to time. I figured it was ROM related, but you're running Beast, and I've been on Sapphire. Who knows. Interested in what everyone says.

OP
E

[Ennis_D]

Reaction score
I guess thats good to hear that I am not the only one and presenting something new to people here.

I am interested in seeing what others say also. Esp from those who have experienced this and what they did about it

tbone73

Reaction score
[Ennis_D];800693 said:

I thought Easy root allowed you to unroot? You can also use ROM manager and install a stock ROM. I've heard about allot of people having their phones replaced even though their phone was rooted when they took it in.
OR you can always ask the pros. Live Support | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

tbone73

Reaction score
[Ennis_D];800710 said:
It does. Just wasnt sure if simply "clicking" Unroot if it would return the phone back to stock.

Using ROM manager (which I am using) I would go through and do "Stock Images" to return the phone back to the stock OS? Then through EasyRoot do "Unroot", or am I way off and making it too easy?
yeah that sounds right....

OP
E

[Ennis_D]

Reaction score
Alright guys, phone is acting up again. Need to unroot and return to stock. Whats the best way to go about doing this?

Rooted w/ EasyRoot running BuglessBeast v0.4 w/ smoked glass theme.

Go through ROMmanager and install stock images then into EasyRoot and "unroot"?

TIA guys!

BigZig

Reaction score
To the OP not sure what your ? Is. Need a little more info on your problem

OP
E

[Ennis_D]

Reaction score
The screen is screwy upon unlocking the phone. The ole lady got a D2 last night and the guy at Verizon told me to bring my phone by later this week so he could look at it.

I now must unroot before I can take it back to him. Not sure why the screen is doing what its doing but I may work out a replacement for the phone before end of next week.