Black notification bar using Rom Manager

xliderider

Reaction score
People have been getting stuck at the M screen on the OTA update. Hopefully, Motorola will realize it's their locked bootloaders and remove that cr@p. Hey, I can dream can't I? :D

evams

Reaction score
hmmm....Yes that is true. I'm going to try this again :-x Hope I'm not like this :motdroidvert: and I'm like this dancedroid
We shall see what happens............

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
check out this link, im about to start a new thread about it but it may help you before then

928Droid Themes for the Droid X

you can download this .zip files and install it. It will automatically deodex your phone for you and install the black theme, should you want to revert back to a different theme your phone will still be deodexed

evams

Reaction score
ohh yaaaaa....gonna try it.
I already started Deodexing.....stopped @ #3 and then deleted the bad file.
I stopped there and currently downloading the .zip file from droid-life.
thanks for following up!
Ohhhh and I'm glad I downloaded Rom Manager and was able to update the build.prop file because my RoadSync Key was not showing up in the market.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
once you have downloaded Rom manager you can also download Flyx directly from there which will deodex your phone / remove some bloat

evams

Reaction score
OHH YAAAAAA. PIMP!
Rooted/Deodexed/928Droid BGX 2.3
It's Pimmmmmmmmmmmp!
and running
SHADO_X6_2.3.13_SYSTEM-ONLY.zip
with some back ups!
Now I feel muchhhhhhhh better. It's all hacked up like my old Droid 1.

xliderider

Reaction score
OHH YAAAAAA. PIMP!
Rooted/Deodexed/928Droid BGX 2.3
It's Pimmmmmmmmmmmp!
and running
SHADO_X6_2.3.13_SYSTEM-ONLY.zip
with some back ups!
Now I feel muchhhhhhhh better. It's all hacked up like my old Droid 1.

Congrats! dancedroid

FYI, you can still use SetCPU to control your CPU, you just can't overclock it. I use mine to set a 300 mhz min and I often underclock the max setting at 600 - 800 mhz to conserve battery when I'm not using the browser. Heck, the browser speed is ok even at 800 mhz for the most part.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
just downloaded the Flyx rom and finished installing the black notification bar (white clock now) and the black keyboard by WJD designs

ive had it for about all of 30 seconds now lol so its time to fool around with it and see how I like it

so far i havent noticed much a difference, some bloat is gone but thats about it....we will see as time goes on

im going to flash this Rom and then download the 928 black glass and see how i like that

flyx installed no problemo, took awhile at the flyx boot screen so i was scared...as i was pulling my case off to do a battery pull it came up to the home screen lol

evams

Reaction score
A note to add....on the boot screen. The bootscreen did take a while....I started 2 shake a lil.....Back Up...now re-arranging my icons with Launcher Pro Full and Better Cut.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
anyone notice any visual changes using FLyx?

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
just downloaded revolution theme...looks prettty good :)

evams

Reaction score
On the BGX 2.3 Theme.....the text and some of the icons are a lil rough.
but I def dig the black and red!
now i just need to find a huge iphone icon pack....love the iphone icons...there all nice clean and crisp. Found a few...sooooooooo nice to be able to mod my phone now!!!!dancedroid