Black notification bar using Rom Manager

xliderider

Reaction score
I got the black notification bar to load just fine without deodexing so i dont see why it wouldnt work once youve deodexed as well

let me know how it goes :)

I did too, but I got the Black clock on Black background. I thought you did as well.

I'm done backing up my deodexed 2.2. OTA rom now, so I will apply the black bar mod and report back.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
I got the black notification bar to load just fine without deodexing so i dont see why it wouldnt work once youve deodexed as well

I did too, but I got the Black clock on Black background. I thought you did as well.

I'm done backing up my deodexed 2.2. OTA rom now, so I will apply the black bar mod and report back.

ohhhh so if you deodex and reload the black modz it will change the color of the black clock??

xliderider

Reaction score

ohhhh so if you deodex and reload the black modz it will change the color of the black clock??

Yes, I just got done reloading the Black Mod over the deodexed rom. The clock is now white dancedroid, but the Media Share icon (two arrows in a circle) is still black on black. Oh well, at least I got the clock showing up in white. :)

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score

Yes, I just got done reloading the Black Mod over the deodexed rom. The clock is now white dancedroid, but the Media Share icon (two arrows in a circle) is still black on black. Oh well, at least I got the clock showing up in white. :)

niccee, now I have to decide if I want to go through deodexing in order to receive the white clock....I have the beautiful widgets clock up so its not that big of an inconvenience but it would be nice to be able to see the time while on a call...

how was the deodexing, fairly simple?

xliderider

Reaction score
how was the deodexing, fairly simple?

Using the guide I posted, it is straight forward. Took about 45 minutes, but I was browsing and posting in forums while I was doing it. ;)

There were no errors reported of any kind during the process. The only thing I had to figure out was the adb part, because I am such a noob when it comes to adb. As soon as I changed directories to my C:/android-sdk-windows/tools folder in the DOS command prompt then I was good to go for adb command execution.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
thanks for the tip, ive had my droid less than a month so im pretty new to this as well

ill look over the guide when I get home tonight and possibly give it a try :)

have you checked out any of the Roms available under Rom Manager or any of the available Themes?

xliderider

Reaction score
thanks for the tip, ive had my droid less than a month so im pretty new to this as well

have you checked out any of the Roms available under Rom Manager or any of the available Themes?

Not really, I'm sitting tight until I hear what can and cannot be done from 2.2 OTA. I'm taking it slow and easy.

I just had to get rid of the stock notification bar though... :)

I haven't done the black keyboard mod, because I have purchased and like the Swiftkey app. It not only tries to anticipate your word you are currently typing, it will also try and predict what your next word is. It also theoretically learns from you the more you type, so the predictions will become more accurate. It is at a low price now, but will go up in a few days. You should give it a try, it's only $0.95 U.S.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score

Not really, I'm sitting tight until I hear what can and cannot be done from 2.2 OTA. I'm taking it slow and easy.

I just had to get rid of the stock notification bar though... :)

I haven't done the black keyboard mod, because I have purchased and like the Swiftkey app. It not only tries to anticipate your word you are currently typing, it will also try and predict what your next word is. It also theoretically learns from you the more you type, so the predictions will become more accurate. It is at a low price now, but will go up in a few days. You should give it a try, it's only $0.95 U.S.

that sounds like it might have some big advantages, what color is the keyboard? (i kno that may sound stupidd but I hated the white keyboard look)

evams

Reaction score
whoa....nice info!
Thanks....about to do some modding :-x
Man I'm gutsy...just received my replacement X. dancedroid

xliderider

Reaction score
whoa....nice info!
Thanks....about to do some modding :-x
Man I'm gutsy...just received my replacement X. dancedroid

Make sure you make a backup with Clockwork Recovery before you start modding lol.

I've got several recoveries already, stock OTA 2.2, stock OTA deodexed, and OTA 2.2 deodexed_blk bar. Latest is Gala X themed.

evams

Reaction score
? I had clockwork on my old Droid. Now I'm rooted OTA. Where can I find the ClockWork for 2.2 or anything type of backup.

Yup my first one bricked because i replaced the build.prop file. :-x because my apps werent showing up in the market. Then I SBF back 2.1 which I found out afterwards a big no no!

evams

Reaction score
ohhh the suspense..............
:-x
Deodexing!!
Installed Rom Manager,Got Clockwork,Backed Up.
Now waiting.................waiting................waiting............Ha.

evams

Reaction score
well...not good news.
I got the way to the end and it couldnt find the SD card path. So I used root explorer and moved the folders. Then reconnected and finished the rest of the command lines.
Reboot - Stuck on the M. Tried using Clockwork Recovery Mode and the buttons dont work for my backup. So...now going to try and do the SBF that has been uploaded. bleh.

evams

Reaction score
Yup. weird...mine just sat there and didnt do anything. So...I factory/wiped reset. Then used THB SBF file.
I dont about Deodexing....think I'll stick with Root for now. That M Logo is Scarrrrrrry!
Just strange Deodexed worked all the way through then reboot...M Screen.
odd.