Black notification bar using Rom Manager

jloya

Reaction score
Hey,

I am having trouble getting a black notification bar on my device

I am currently running OTA 2.2 and am rooted. I have not doedexed

using Rom manager I have selected "download Rom"

there is an option for "Onix Concepts", I select Onix concepts and it downloads the files, I then receive a message that says click ok to boot into clockworkmod recovery to continue download, I click ok and the phone seems to just reboot normally and return to my home screen like nothing every happened?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
anyone have any experience with this?

im sure other people would find this quite usefull as well :)

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
downloaded boot strap

then i saw in Rom Manager a button that said boot into clockwork mod recovery

clicked that

device rebooted but everything still looks the same?

hmm

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
ok so im booted into recory

the options I have

-reboot system now
-apply sdcard:update.zip
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe all cache partition
-install zip from sd card
-backup and restore
-mounts and storage
-advanced

noo idea which one to select or how to select it

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
figured out how to move up and down and select using the volume rocker / camera button

however I do not know which option to select

xliderider

Reaction score
figured out how to move up and down and select using the volume rocker / camera button

however I do not know which option to select

You need to select "install zip from sd card", then you need to navigate through the folders to find the bootstrap.zip file. It's probably in a folder somewhere in the Clockwork folder.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
got it :) thanks for all your help and putting up with my questions xliderider, i have learned sooo much about the android within the past couple of days

xliderider

Reaction score
You're welcome. :)

I just realized you weren't looking for the bootstrap file but the black bar file. ;)

Glad you got it.

What method did you use to root your X? Let me know if you have any problems, I'd like to get the black bar on my X as well. :)

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
You're welcome. :)

I just realized you weren't looking for the bootstrap file but the black bar file. ;)

Glad you got it.

What method did you use to root your X? Let me know if you have any problems, I'd like to get the black bar on my X as well. :)

yeah i figured you mixed the 2 files up but either way it helped me as I stumbled across the black bar file i was looking for lol

I used the droid 2 2.2 rooting method using Doroot and it worked flawlessly. I downloaded root manager & root explorer and changed my keyboard to a black one (i also found it much easier to type on). From there I downloaded the black bar and my phone is exactlyyy how I want it :)

let me know if you have any questions getting that black bar going

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
only minor setback I saw is that the time is also displayed so its hard to read it

however I use beautiful widgets so I have a nice huge clock already on the display so not really a problem.

xliderider

Reaction score
only minor setback I saw is that the time is also displayed so its hard to read it

however I use beautiful widgets so I have a nice huge clock already on the display so not really a problem.

My understanding is the Black on Black Bar problem is because the ROM isn't deodexed.

I am currnetly deodexing my stock OTA 2.2 rom using this guide:

[HOW-TO] Manually deodex your phone.

When deodexed, I will apply the Black Bar mod and see how it goes.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score

My understanding is the Black on Black Bar problem is because the ROM isn't deodexed.

I am currnetly deodexing my stock OTA 2.2 rom using this guide:

[HOW-TO] Manually deodex your phone.

When deodexed, I will apply the Black Bar mod and see how it goes.

I got the black notification bar to load just fine without deodexing so i dont see why it wouldnt work once youve deodexed as well

let me know how it goes :)