Black Market Theme

simpsonao17

Reaction score
I have installed the darkslide onto my phone and the clear slide to unlock. I can't get the black market to work. It worked when I first rebooted after installing but now has the original Market look. How can I get the Black Theme Market to work.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have installed the darkslide onto my phone and the clear slide to unlock. I can't get the black market to work. It worked when I first rebooted after installing but now has the original Market look. How can I get the Black Theme Market to work.

This is because the market keeps updating and the devs can't keep up with the version number. Especially when it changes in a matter of a day or two in between. My guess is the updates will eventually slow down. You can always rename original market to .bak, then rename your marketupdater to marketupdater.bak and the install the themed one. Worked for me. But try at own risk:)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
I too had this issue

What I had to do was. I found the install from the original install zip. using 7zip. I copied to my pc. Then put it back on phones sdcard. after that I then using root explorer paid version only. I deleted all reference to vending.apk in system/app and I checked to make sure it wasnt in data/app under com.androidvending-1.apk or whatever. Once all is gone I then rebooted phone. Now when phone booted up I hit my settings button and went to applications/manage apps/ then I hit all all and looked for Market to make sure none was installed.

Ok now that thats good I then used root explorer to copy vending.apk that I copied from the install zip to my sdcard. I then pasted it in system/app then long press on it and set permissoins to 6.4.4. Ok now reboot phone again. [I know this is a hastle but ti worked for me when all else was failing].

Once phone boots up again now open market but dont close it once its open if its the correct black market as it should be hit your home buttom to backout to homescreen. Now open root explorer and go to system/app and look for marketupdater.apk. Once you find it long press on it and rename it. some put .back at the end I just delete one letter so itd look like marketupdater.ap . Now it shhould stay as this market till you want it to update.

UPDATE: for anyone that has marketupdater.apk renamed and is having trouble with my method, make sure to reenable marketupdater when trying to get the blackmarket installed. disable it after installed.

Last edited: