Black Friday Sales?

missegg

Reaction score
Anyone heard/think they'll be special pricing on Moto Droid for Black Friday? My NE2 is Dec 2nd, but I've read you can sometimes get some wiggle room when it's that close. If they have special pricing on Black Friday, I'll try to get in on that, otherwise I'll wait.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
With the newness of the phone and that they are already offering 100 off the price of the phone. I would assume that if they did do anything they would put it back for the same 100 off that was given before, but in my experience with new items, they usually don't show up on black friday.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i haven't heard any pricing other than opening day stuff.. welcome to the forums though! if you hear anything, let us know :)

OP
missegg

missegg

Reaction score
Thanks, I assumed it wouldn't get cheaper, but after getting open source on Verizon, I figured anything was possible. :) I'm sure the forums will know before I do, but I'll make sure to spread the word if there is a deal on it.

lauriep

Reaction score
Ask if you are eligible for an early upgrade. I have NE2, but they told me in August that I could get an early upgrade on 9/15, exactly one year into my contract. And I re-checked that today and it is correct!

OP
missegg

missegg

Reaction score
Well my other problem is I'm moving from SD to NM in January, and would like a local number (and Google voice doesn't have any Las Cruces numbers), so I think I need to order online, have it sent to NM, and then mailed up to me in South Dakota. At any rate, I'm going to have to contact Verizon at some point.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ask if you are eligible for an early upgrade. I have NE2, but they told me in August that I could get an early upgrade on 9/15, exactly one year into my contract. And I re-checked that today and it is correct!

That is what they call an annual upgrade. You are eligible for an annual upgrade every 10 months. Every 20 months eligible for a NE2 upgrade discount.

dean.collins

Reaction score
Make sure you try and get your Droid before the 15th of Nov though to get around the ETF increase.

Dean Collins: If you are going to buy a Droid get it before the 15th of November !!

Or you could link it back to the thread our admin posted.

Edit: link here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/278-new-etf-fee-vzw.html

You mean the post where if you read down i actually answered the question for the person who didn't understand ETF's and provided example calculations on how this will affect Droid purchasers before and after the 15th of November....... you're welcome .....lol.

texasPI

Reaction score
Well my other problem is I'm moving from SD to NM in January, and would like a local number (and Google voice doesn't have any Las Cruces numbers), so I think I need to order online, have it sent to NM, and then mailed up to me in South Dakota. At any rate, I'm going to have to contact Verizon at some point.

Cool! I'm from El Paso, a hop away from Cruces! If you order it now you can change your number when you get to NM. Just call Verizon when you're there. They charge $15 for it but last time I did it I was not charged.

OP
missegg

missegg

Reaction score
Yea, that's the plan now. I called Verizon the other day and they said to wait to change it. They also said I would have to wait until Dec 2 and that they couldn't bump up my NE2. Oh well.

I almost ended up in El Paso, but then my boyfriend got work in Cruces. I've been craving some good green chili enchiladas and a margarita to wash them down with though.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just moved from Alamogordo, NM to Austin this past summer. I use to work in Las Cruces every so often. Very nice area, you'll love it down there. Lots to do, weather is awesome, and there is a nice Verizon store in front of the best computer store in Las Cruces... MDC Computers

Yea, that's the plan now. I called Verizon the other day and they said to wait to change it. They also said I would have to wait until Dec 2 and that they couldn't bump up my NE2. Oh well.

I almost ended up in El Paso, but then my boyfriend got work in Cruces. I've been craving some good green chili enchiladas and a margarita to wash them down with though.

OP
missegg

missegg

Reaction score
I've been there before, and it's not bad, but I'm a cold weather person. I like my snow and seasons. But, it should only be for 2 years, I can handle that. And I'll have my Droid to make it through!

medicTHREE

Reaction score

ANother SD resident? Are you Military?

Anyways... I don't think the process should be this complicated for you. You tell them what market you want your phone to be in, then ship it to your current address. Shouldn't be more complicated than that.