Black Friday deals on the Droid Turbo...?

Pologuy

Reaction score
Anyone know if Verizon is doing anything for Black Friday and the Droid Turbo?

Right now they are giving $100 if you bring in any smartphone and trade it in on the new Droid Turbo.

The Verizon store manager said he didn't know what the Black Friday deals were yet - but thought that the Droid "might" have more incentives.

Would be great to get at least another $50 off!

PowrDroid

Reaction score
Anyone know if Verizon is doing anything for Black Friday and the Droid Turbo?

Right now they are giving $100 if you bring in any smartphone and trade it in on the new Droid Turbo.

The Verizon store manager said he didn't know what the Black Friday deals were yet - but thought that the Droid "might" have more incentives.

Would be great to get at least another $50 off!

I've been told a couple of times by Verizon reps, one was a store manager, that there won't be any Black Friday deals on the Droid Turbo because it is such a newly released phone. Well, that's what they said last year with the Moto X and I got one after Black Friday for $9.95 (price match with Amazon.)

Verizon might do something for Black Friday and/or Christmas season. Their incentives and deals seem to change every week. As to the $100 deal at Verizon when you trade in a smartphone. It can be any smartphone that is in working order (I'm bringing in my Droid 2 Global.) The deal will last through Dec. 31st. If you are on Edge or want to go on Edge you won't get the $100 unless you are within a week of your contract termination date.

If you are not on Verizon right now, Best Buy has a deal where they will give you a $150 pre-paid credit card if you switch to Verizon with the Droid Turbo. But they only have the 32 GB version in stock and only via online. Best Buy isn't doing anything on Black Friday with the Droid Turbo. They've already got their Black Friday ads up on their website.

OP
P

Pologuy

Reaction score
A Verizon store will price match Amazon?

And I am with Sprint at the moment - my 2 year contract is up.

I am looking to switch to Verizon - just because of the Droid Turbo.

If you switch to Verizon - Verizon also gives you $150.

So, I would be getting the Droid Turbo for $99 ($100 smartphone trade in) plus getting a $150 bill credit for switching to Verizon.

That $150 will offset, somewhat, the better monthly bill I am paying to Sprint of $50 for $500 anytime minutes, and unlimited text and unlimited data.

So, in the long run (2 year contract) I will be paying more - just hope the Droid Turbo is worth it.

PowrDroid

Reaction score
A Verizon store will price match Amazon?

Upon further review, that was Best Buy....

And I am with Sprint at the moment - my 2 year contract is up.

I am looking to switch to Verizon - just because of the Droid Turbo.

If you switch to Verizon - Verizon also gives you $150.

So, I would be getting the Droid Turbo for $99 ($100 smartphone trade in) plus getting a $150 bill credit for switching to Verizon.

That $150 will offset, somewhat, the better monthly bill I am paying to Sprint of $50 for $500 anytime minutes, and unlimited text and unlimited data.

So, in the long run (2 year contract) I will be paying more - just hope the Droid Turbo is worth it.

How much data do you use? I'm on the 3 GB plan and I rarely get over 1 GB. But I have wifi almost everywhere I go.

If you are only one line, you should be able to get a decent data plan through Verizon for around $65, includes tax.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Problem for me is WIFI is at work but it's locked down and MANY legitimate websites are "against corporate policy", so I can't use it at work for most functions. For instance, any social networking, online shopping sites, YouTube, etc. are all off-limits. At home is a totally different story.

OP
P

Pologuy

Reaction score
Upon further review, that was Best Buy....

How much data do you use? I'm on the 3 GB plan and I rarely get over 1 GB. But I have wifi almost everywhere I go.

If you are only one line, you should be able to get a decent data plan through Verizon for around $65, includes tax.

Yeah, I could possibly get by with Verizon's $60/month plan - unlimited talk and text and 1 GB of data...

So, an extra $240 ($10 a month) over the life of the 2 year contract...

Just debating whether to get the Droid Turbo - or wait for 6 months for the new 2015 phones (HTC M9, LG G4, etc.) on Sprint - and save the additional $240 over the 2 years...

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Verizon might do something for Black Friday and/or Christmas season. Their incentives and deals seem to change every week. As to the $100 deal at Verizon when you trade in a smartphone. It can be any smartphone that is in working order (I'm bringing in my Droid 2 Global.) The deal will last through Dec. 31st. If you are on Edge or want to go on Edge you won't get the $100 unless you are within a week of your contract termination date.

Some VZW stores must not be following the rules one way or another. I got the $100 credit and went with Edge. And this was switching back to VZW from AT&T. Maybe it was because I was considered a new customer. Which of coourse gave me $450 for switching 3 lines over.