Black freeze problem

jschoef

Reaction score
I am starting to have a problem with Liberty...What will happen is around 24hours of use and no reboot, my phone will either not wake up, or when a call comes in, it will just ring and ring forever. (I have tried the patch on the other post)

I have tried multiple themes since 1.5 came out so I went back to my first backup of Liberty that never had a theme...well its still doing it. The only new app I have recently installed is facebook.

So will a SBF fix this? Does Fission do this? I have been on squidly rom and never had this problem. I really want to stay with this rom as it fits me perfectly (wycontacts, etc.).

Let me know what you all think.

Cwagmire

Reaction score
I am starting to have a problem with Liberty...What will happen is around 24hours of use and no reboot, my phone will either not wake up, or when a call comes in, it will just ring and ring forever. (I have tried the patch on the other post)

I have tried multiple themes since 1.5 came out so I went back to my first backup of Liberty that never had a theme...well its still doing it. The only new app I have recently installed is facebook.

So will a SBF fix this? Does Fission do this? I have been on squidly rom and never had this problem. I really want to stay with this rom as it fits me perfectly (wycontacts, etc.).

Let me know what you all think.

I was just about to post this! I used to have reboot issues (still happens every week or two, but not nearly as bad as before). But today, I've noticed that twice my phone wouldn't wake up, but in the light, I could still see my dock (clock and unlock screen) but the brightness wouldn't turn up.

It then subsequently did reset itself (so I guess reboot issue is still there).

Micro23

Reaction score
mine was doing that yesterday then i uninstalled juice defender... now it only happens for about 1 second every once and a while if i wake the screen right after it goes to sleep

OP
J

jschoef

Reaction score
Well I tried fission, spent hours configuring, then realized no custom ringtones worked and incoming calls don't display the business name...so I sbf'd, installed liberty fresh, and its been near 24 hours now and no freeze yet.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
J

jschoef

Reaction score
36 hours later and it froze on the black screen and eventually reboot. I guess its the same problem in the other thread with the patch (that didn't work for me).

Snow02

Reaction score
I believe there is an inherent flaw in the .340 build that custom roms can't fix. The 3.4.2 leak fixes this. Zero reboots. There aren't any custom roms based on it yet, but honestly, I like stock anyways. And the stability is just a bonus.

OP
J

jschoef

Reaction score
This did fix my problem...though battery life declined until I deleted the overclocking script inside one of the tweaks as instructed on the site of the tweak towards the end of the comments.

My guess is liberty 1.75 will have this incorporated into it someway...